Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Doris Day movie

ctsbeav

New to this board,and am looking for name of a Doris Day movie,in which I think she was in entertainment.She finds some homeless rag muffin kids in the back yard.One little boy is fascinated with the toilet,and flushes everytime he sees it.Other than that,the rest is a blur.Would like to know the title if anyone can help. Thanks

It sounds like it could be the movie "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" (1960) with David Niven. In the movie they have four boys and move from the city to the country. It revolves around the entertainment world since Niven is a drama critic.

Mongo

I'm also new to this but I thought I might suggest another movie that your description may fit and that is her last film. It's called With Six You Get Eggroll. She plays a widow who has 3 sons and she gets married to a widower, played by Brian Keith who has a daughter. It's set in the country and although I've never been able to see this film I did see Please Don't Eat The Daisies and I don't remember a scene like the one you described. Hope this helps!

It sounds like a Debbie Reynolds movie called My Six Loves. Cliff Robertson co-starred and Debbie played a movie star who goes to the country for a rest and comes across six children living in her backyard. I saw this movie years ago. I seem to remember one of the children would not speak until the end of the movie.

Yes, I believe you are thinking of the movie My Six Loves. Debbie Reynolds is a popular actress/singer that needs some time off so she goes to a small house in the middle of nowhere. She discovers the kids who are supposed to be living with a couple who only have them for the money they receive. Debbie takes them under her wing and buys them new clothes and toys. There are cute incidents that run through the movie as well, and there is a child who doesn't talk until the end. It's a really cute story with a happy ending.

I don't recall any movie from the description you gave who starred Doris Day. The only movies I can recall where Doris Day had kids were Move Over Darling (her kids think she's dead when really she was on an island), The Thrill of It All (she begins doing comemercials about soap), Please Don't Eat the Daisies (Her broadway star husband moves them to a fixer-upper house), and With Six You Get Eggroll(She gets remarried and has a his and hers instant family and was her last movie).

Go to http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0057341/ for more info about this movie.