Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
hlywdkjk

Psst! I got the May 2008 listings right here.

Kind of a rarity:

04 Sunday

12:15 AM Scapegoat, The (1959) A man is tricked into trading places with a look-alike nobleman with murderous plans. Cast: Alec Guinness, Bette Davis, Irene Worth. Dir: Robert Hamer. BW-92 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

Not one of Guinness's more well known movies, but he is always watchable; and Bette Davis in a off beat part as well.

OH MY GOD!!!!!

TCM is finally showing "SEVEN FOOTPRINTS TO SATAN" on late friday/early saturday morning at 4am 5/30/08....

I cannot believe it...Thank You TCM :-)

Thank you for the info. The Sinatra tribute looks very interesting with the documentaries and films - some fondly remembered like Hole In The Head. And I look forward to the resumption of Silent Sunday and the TCM Import in June.

--

Terry Wallace

Ooooh! I already see one gem on the 4th....Frankie Sinatra's TV special, "A Man and His Music"---I don't know which one it is but they are ALL extraordinary! Among the best television music performances ever. And it's followed by a night of his films!

Oh my goodness!! And the seventh is all day Coop and Frankie!! I wonder if they are being spotlighted in May???

I think Sinatra is getting some kind of spotlight but since the 7th is Gary's b-day, that's why they're showing his stuff then. Is it too soon for Gary to be Star of the Month again? ;)

Is it too soon for Gary to be Star of the Month again?

Certainly not! He ought to be Star of the Month at least once a year---or every leap year, maybe? :D

I'm also thrilled about the Bobby Montgomery films on the 21st---Bobby and Frankie in one day! I'm going to be in heaven in May. Three of my favorites getting honored.

"...now how about one of my suggestions? The Bitter Tea of General Yen!" - Jezebel38

"Keep an eye out for June." - tcmprogrammr (in reply to the above.)

We've barely started discussing the May listings and 'tcmprogrammr' drops that hint (bombshell?) about what lies ahead for June. It sounds like The Bitter Tea Of General Yen will be featured during June's "Race In Hollywood: Asian Americans in Hollywood" event.

I am intrigued. A Frank Capra film starring Barbara Stanwyck that I have never seen certainly sounds interesting. (Where's JackBurley - who saw this in a theater a year ago - to fill us in with a review?)

Kyle In Hollywood

The Bitter Tea of General Yen!>>

Isn't this one of the films that Dobbsy has been wanting to see on TCM for quite some time now?

I am really looking forward to June's line-up. I appreciate that TCM takes a month each year to look at historical topics that are not always easy. It gives us a lot to talk about here that's for sure.

I am also hoping that this means some Anna May Wong and Sessue Hayakawa silents as well! Perhaps the new documentary on Anna May?

Kyle - I've been suggesting Bitter Tea for the past year and a half or so - more frequently since TCM started showing their package of Columbia titles. And I also saw it on the big screen, in fact at the same theatre as our friend JackBurly, albeit not at the same screening. It really begs to be seen that way as General Yen's palace is one of the most sumptuous sets I've seen - beats even the one MGM gave Mr. Wu!

Kind of disappointed in this month's schedule. Lots of movies that were just screened are on the schedule again. Looks like the conversion to AMC without commercials is in full swing.

What happened to all those Columbia gems you were screening?

Very glad to see Love Has many Faces is finally scheduled for the first time in eons.

Also looking forward to the Nancy Carroll films.

Message was edited by: js097