Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Totally OBSCURE Movies - Films that NOBODY Has Seen!

If I Had A Million, is such a great film because it was made in 1932, before the dreadful code took over, so it didn't have to compromise the plot and could tell the story in a realistic way...

This film has a great performance from Richard Bennett the great stage actor, and the father of Joan Bennett and her sister Constance..my favorite part is about the prostitute (Wynne Gibson)

who can finally check into a hotel ecstaticly alone...this film is a winner !

Anybody remember this movie?

The Little Prince And The Eight Headed Dragon (Wanpaku ?ji no orochi taiji...1963).

Photobucket

This "nobody" remembers Japanese animated feature...after forty five years...and lots of intemperate living.

Rusty

I saw "If I had A Million" a long time ago. I remember I wanted to see it because of all the names in it. It was ok and worth a look for that reason.

I think "International House" was a similar film. That may have been on more recently.

I don't know how Mikio Naruse's "Floating Weeds" really is, but since it's not on DVD or video, I can't see it, and would really like too. Ditto for "Make Way for Tomorrow." Oddly enough "The Reckless Moment doesn't appear to be on video, let alone DVD.

Ok, here's something. I am slowly making my way through theyshootpictures.com top 1000 movies ever made. Three movies on the list are by American experimental filmmaker Stan Brakhage: "The Art of Vision," "Dog Star Man," and "Scenes from Under Childhood." Two questions: first, what are these three movies about? I have difficulty telling them apart, since I know little about them, and I somewhere head that "The Art of Vision" was actually a longer version of "Dog Star Man." Second, how does one go about seeing them?

skimpole -- *Brakhage* films are available at Netflix (assuming you'd want to rent before purchasing). The few *Brakhage* films I've seen, including DOG STAR MAN, are non-narrative experimental avant-garde movies that juxtapose the conflict between the physical and spiritual worlds. Interesting visually, but certainly not everyone's cup of tea.

Were you referring to Yasujiro Ozu's *FLOATING WEEDS* or Mikio Naruse's FLOATING CLOUDS? The former is available on Criterion; the latter, unfortunately, is unavailable to the best of my knowledge.

I have a DVD of *MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW* that I got on eBay -- not the greatest quality, but certain watchable. My understanding is that a Region 2 DVD is being released soon. I also have a DVD of RECKLESS MOMENT from http://5mtl.com/

I wil repeat myself..this is 1 film I would love to see, just to see how "BAD" it really is!!

200px-Inchon_Movie_poster.jpg

Per Wikipedia (& other films of Media I have used to Research this film):

Inchon - originally called "Oh, Inchon" - would end up costing $44 million. Some estimates have put the figure higher, at $65 million, or even as high as $104 million, which would make it one of the biggest flops of all time. The film took less than two million dollars at the box office, and as it was not released on video or DVD (aside from bootleg copies), nor are there any plans to in the foreseeable future, it has a very small chance of recouping even a fraction of its massive budget.

INCHON was never conceived to make money. It was a tax write-off/propaganda effort totally underwritten by Rev. Sun Myung-Moon's South Korea-based Unification Church to spread the gospel of anti-Communism. Whether it was any good or not was utterly irrelevant in the scheme of things -- theirs, or ours.

The only good to come of it was that the film featured an interesting score by the great Jerry Goldsmith (the 2-disc CD of which is now a rare collector's item).

Wow! You must like your Beta tapes! Because you know that's the only thing they make "Citizen Kane" in. I couldn't find it on VHS, much less DVD. Another favorite unknown is "Casablanca" I don't remember exactly who is in it. I think some Swedish lady. Oh, but there is one Big Name....Claude Rains! Another favorite Beta is "My Fair Lady". I mean when Freddie sings "On The Street Where You Live" it really stops my heart! (That should have been an Oscar nominated performance!) Well, glad to know there is another Beta lover!

Ha! (now that was fun)

There is nothing wrong with Laserdiscs..a good friend of mine has a huge LD collection, as many bonus features that are found on LD arent on DVD

I think Forbidden Planet is one (Criterion put out a LD of it)

One Million Years BC is uncut on LD but not on the R1 DVD (shame on 20th Century Fox)

I think he has movies on LD not on DVD as well..anyway its huge.

IN PERSON - RKO, 1935, Ginger Rogers.

I saw this film when it was released on VHS at the dawn of the video cassette era in the 1980's. It is a charming film musical made just for Ginger Rogers. This was right after TOP HAT , so Ginger was at the peak of her stardom.

Perhaps TCM has shown the fim, but to the best of my knowledge it is a forgotten film few have seen.