ILoveRayMilland

I think Who are your 5 favorite actors is more appropriate not what

Boris Karloff

Humphrey Bogart

James Stewart

Cary Grant

William Powell

Honorable Mention

Joan Crawford, Brian Donlvey, Clark Gable, Robert Mitchum, Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr, , James Cagney, Veronica Lake, Vincent Price, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Basil Rathbone, Godzilla, Abbot & Costello, Bruce Willis, Will Smith

Not in that order either

Hiya, CineBaby! -- I didn't know Clark Gable was your favorite actor. That comes as a surprise to me. I also didn't realize you were a Kirk Douglas fan.

Here's who's in my five right now:

1. Jimmy Stewart

2. Cary Grant

3. Robert Ryan

4. Robert Mitchum

5. Humphrey Bogart

I also like Henry Fonda, Edward G. Robinson, Boris Karloff, and Dan Duryea a great deal.

Hey Frank

If it wasnt for Horror movies, my list might look like yours

How can we overlook Dan the Man Duryea. I like Robert Ryan in some movies, just that he wasnt the most attractive man on the screen

Robert Mitchum - I am going to watch the Yazuka and Home From the Hill

I liked Macao but not to own...

He reminds me of a sleepy eyed Joel Hodgson from MST3K :) !!

FrankieG., how are ya. Yes, Gable is among one of my favorite actors. Just a real man's man. Great films, Lombard. I love watching him. (Maybe not so much later in the 1950's,but definitely for the bulk of his career 30's-40's). No one was more dashing than he in "Gone With the Wind."

I have many more favorite actors, but I thought I'd better adhere to the rules of the posted question before my words got twisted up out of context. Good reading you and again, thanxx for your contributions re: "Out of the Past." The screen caps were great. I know I was being a little "naughty" but hopefully not lewd.

What's up, Game -- How can we overlook Dan the Man Duryea.

Duryea is easy to overlook since he rarely played the lead. He livens up any film for me, ala Thelma Ritter.

I like Robert Ryan in some movies, just that he wasnt the most attractive man on the screen

I'm a huge Ryan fan. I have been listing Stewart and Grant as my top two actors since I've been on this board, but, deep down, I believe Ryan is my favorite actor. Of all the portrayals I have seen of his, every one of them has possessed great emotional depth. They each had something inside and Ryan knew how to carefully bring this to the surface. His performances were often very complex. I also greatly admire that Ryan would play villains with such great nuance. His brand of evil was actually quite sympathetic and, at times, very likable, which is something I find so very intriguing.

Robert Mitchum - I am going to watch the Yazuka and Home From the Hill

I liked Macao but not to own... He reminds me of a sleepy eyed Joel Hodgson from MST3K!!

Mitch as Joel Hodgson? Now that's a new one.

I like Macao for its breeziness. Sleepy Mitch works with me, especially with Jane. Plus, I get to play games with Gloria Grahame. I have the Mitchum box but I haven't watched The Yakuza or Home from the Hill yet. I've got to get into the mood for both of them.

Hi, CineBabe -- FrankieG., how are ya.

So-so. You're helping me out, though.

Yes, Gable is among one of my favorite actors. Just a real man's man. Great films, Lombard. I love watching him. (Maybe not so much later in the 1950's,but definitely for the bulk of his career 30's-40's).

I know you like the man's man-types, but I was surprised to see Gable as your very favorite. I wasn't sure if you liked his kind of films.

No one was more dashing than he in "Gone With the Wind."

I'm with you on that one.

I have many more favorite actors, but I thought I'd better adhere to the rules of the posted question before my words got twisted up on me. Good reading you and again, thanxx for your contributions re: "Out of the Past." The screen caps were great.

You're welcome, girl.

I know I was being a little "naughty" & a bit salacious but hopefully not lewd.

I just thought you were being yourself, Lively Gal. :P

Well, cineman I love Ray Milland (although he is not my favorite actor) because he truly was amazing! He was so convincing as an actor! Also he is one of the more overlooked stars, a man not much remembered now. Because he didn't make that many movies. But the ones he made were all extrordinary for some reason or other!

Gable is among one of my favorite actors. Just a real man's man

Mmmmhmmm, you said it. A real man's man...

And that's all there is to it. :)

Favorite actors:

Gary Cooper

Mel Gibson

I seem to be drawing a blank! **Points the gun directly at Frankie and hears a click** Oh, wait, nevermind, the safety was on; heehee, ...my bad!

Hmmm, I have a feeling this list is being recorded; I'll make it short...

Ronald Colman

Chico Marx

Charlie Chaplin

George Raft

Eddy G. Robinson

For the record, only two are obsessions. :)

I seem to be drawing a blank! **Points the gun directly at Frankie and hears a click** Oh, wait, nevermind, the safety was on; heehee, ...my bad!

you mean you had the safety on when you shot the gun?! kim, kim!! oh darn, what ever will we do with frankie now? shall we drown him in the river? ;) heehee!

My top 5:

1. Gary Cooper

2. Clark Gable

3. William Powell

4. Errol Flynn

5. Ronald Colman

Runner's up: Tyrone Power, Rudolph Valentino, Dana Andrews, Charlie Chaplin, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, James Cagney, Gregory Peck, Franchot Tone.

Howdy, Mrs. Gable -- I seem to be drawing a blank! **Points the gun directly at Frankie and hears a click** Oh, wait, nevermind, the safety was on; heehee, ...my bad!

Your bad?! More like, YOU are bad! You seem to want me dead. A lot dead. I like you. Hurts, don't it?

Hmmm, I have a feeling this list is being recorded; I'll make it short...

Ronald Colman

Chico Marx

Charlie Chaplin

George Raft

Eddy G. Robinson

That is such an interesting collection of actors that I cannot rip you, even though I wish that I could. It's too bad liking Gary Cooper eliminates you from having any taste at all. But I've grown used to that with you and some others around here. I still don't see why y'all gals like a girl, I mean, guy who wears lipstick and eyeliner so much. Maybe you can relate to him that way. I just don't know.

For the record, only two are obsessions.

For the record, it used to be one but now it's two. Tomorrow three and next week ten. I ain't gonna beat around the bush no more. You're a hussy! There, I said it.

Hiya, ButterscotchGrace -- you mean you had the safety on when you shot the gun?! kim, kim!! oh darn, what ever will we do with frankie now? shall we drown him in the river? heehee!

Et tu?! I'd expect such behavior from the hussy, but not you. And here I brought you gardenias. Well, go ahead and drown me and get it over with. If the sweetest girl wants to put an end to me, what's there to live for?

Hola, Easter Bunny! --

My top 5:

1. Gary Cooper

2. Clark Gable

3. William Powell

4. Errol Flynn

5. Ronald Colman

Runner's up: Tyrone Power, Rudolph Valentino, Dana Andrews, Charlie Chaplin, Humphrey Bogart, Cary Grant, James Cagney, Gregory Peck, Franchot Tone.

I cannot believe Rudy doesn't make the top five. This is a sad, sad day. You cannot like Ronald Colman more than Valentino. That's impossible. And poor ol' Bogie. You've tossed your first love aside... and for much lesser men. Are you truly this shallow? :P

At least you know who the best actress around is. I'll give you that one. ;)

Hi Frank,

Well, Valentino would be further up the list, but he didn't make that many movies (he only has 27 credits and really only had 15 leading role films) so it's not really fair to compare him to actors who had many, many, more films and leading roles.

That is the main reason he is further down in the list.

But fear not - I'm still gaga over Rudy! ;)

You seem to want me dead. A lot dead. I like you. Hurts, don't it?

Like a dagger to the heart, Frank....like a dagger to the heart.

I still don't see why y'all gals like a girl, I mean, guy who wears lipstick and eyeliner so much. Maybe you can relate to him that way. I just don't know.

It's a talent we don't support, but a talent nonetheless.

You're a hussy! There, I said it.

**GASPS**

........Theresa, get my gun.

Et tu?! I'd expect such behavior from the hussy, but not you. And here I brought you gardenias. Well, go ahead and drown me and get it over with. If the sweetest girl wants to put an end to me, what's there to live for?

touche!!! ;)

"tell me charlotte, do i look like a hussy to you?"~greer in blossoms in the dust heehee!

okay lets drag him to the river kim. heehee! pull him by the hair, but before we do ill take those gardenias. heehee! oh frankie how could i ever do such a thing to you darlin'? honestly!

Archived