Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ILoveRayMilland

Does Anyone Love Ingrid Bergman?

She is just amazing! In my opinion the most beautiful lady ever!! Great actress! I just love her voice with the slight accent, does anyone else like her, her beauty, or her voice :)

Yeah, I love Ingrid Bergman. Why? D'ya wanna make sumthin' of it?!!! C'mon, let's step outside.

Oh...wait.

Whew! Sorry. I get defensive where Ingrid Bergman is concerned. For some reason, she breaks my heart. I wanna protect her. I have a difficult time watching her being tortured in "Notorious" and "Gaslight." Save her Cary, ya big lug! (I can hear her whispering now to Cary Grant: "Oh Dev, Dev." ) If I were Rick, I never would have let her fly away with Victor Laszlo. (Yep, I'm a hill o' beans and I'm selfish that way).

About two years ago (here in NYC) the Scandanavia House had an Ingrid Bergman exhibit; photographs, letters, home movies (of her as a CHILD) were displayed. There was a picture of her that Gordon Parks took that just made my heart melt. It was the last shot of hers I saw before leaving the Museum.

I love Ingrid Bergman.

Ingrid was sublime. And if you had the chance to watch her in ''The Visit'' she would certainly put royal blood to shame. She was totally breathtaking flashing Nina Ricci gowns and Bulgari jewels. IMHO, few men could have held a candle to her in that movie. Anthony Quinn is good at playing her rough at the edges old flame, but the second Ingrid stepped off that Express he only became an accesory to crime, so to speak. She could put that Express to a halt, she could turn back time and of course she could get away with murder. Especially when she came back as the scorned woman with an old score to settle.

Even Eve in the Garden of Eden would have stood a better chance at resisting the snake than the poor residents of I can't remember the town's name ever had with Ingrid. And who needs Juliette when Ingrid is looking down that balcony?

And who needs Juliette when Ingrid is looking down that balcony?

ILRM: Amen!

Glad to see your input! What are your favorite Ingrid films (I say her films, because when Ingrid was around everyone else was secondary! Even Gregory Peck.) Not because she was self-indulgent (like, say...Joan or Bettie), but because she was too amazing for anyone else!

I do...I DO:)!

Im an avid fan and I practically have all of her films. That voice, those eyes, that smile and that charming lithe in her voice.

Yep, she was special.

I have so much respect for Ingrid Bergman. Her acting was so natural and ran the

gamut from "Casablanca" to "Cactus Flower". I remember reading articles in which

actors would comment what a privilege it was to work with her. When she became

more mature, I enjoyed her in said "Cactus Flower", Inn of the Sixth Happiness, &

"Indiscreet".

I am old enough to remember the "scandal" when she was ostracized from Hollywood

because of her affair with Rosselini while still married. Purity was an image that she

showed on the screen and fans could not separate the two. NOW....well, you know!

She had such natural beauty & apparently wore little makeup. She was graceful even

though she wasn't a small woman.

I guess the closest we come to her today is Meryl Streep.

IloveRayMilland,

i looooove Ingrid!!! All the way from Casablanca..of course..to Gaslight...to Notorious!! And oh my gosh she was sooooooo beautiful and what a wonderful actress!

Ava