Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM...sticking by the Classics..ONLY

I have something i have been wanting to say...i understand TCM just got done with Acadamy award winners movies..so they would have movies in the 90.s maybe 2000..but now tthat its over i sure hope..TCM will stay by the old classics and show nothing else....AMC use to show classics only and changed too all movies which left only TCM now.....GOD willing if maybe enuff ppl speak out TCM will not turn into AMC and will stick to the classics meaning the 30s 40s 50s 60s some 70s thats it..no 80s 90s..its just for real classic fans like me this is the ONLY channel we have to truly keep the classics alive..for all u others who want to see 80s movies ect..theres AMC they do that all day...Please TCM dont change or what would be the point of having you here for the truly classics..honestly i couldnt wait for the acadamy pictures to be over,beacue u had to MANY non classic movies there..one more thing i want to add..i mean lets be real if something is shot in the 80s and up how can it truly be a CLASSIC..

i love TCM..and i just had to speak my opinion..

ty much

Ava

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

Ava writes...".....GOD willing if maybe enuff ppl speak out TCM will not turn into AMC and will stick to the classics meaning the 30s 40s 50s 60s some 70s thats it..no 80s 90s..its just for real classic fans like me this is the ONLY channel we have to truly keep the classics alive..for all u others who want to see 80s movies ect..theres AMC they do that all day."

So true...

I had some fun yesterday with the term "family oriented" network and received some derisive remarks...

That's ok...I'm a big boy...

Ava, is right though...

When you ask the average person what they can watch on TCM, he/she will tell you he/she can see great old movies with a G rating.

As someone who knows a little bit about marketing and sales, I can tell you TCM has an awesome brand for great old movies that are wholesome and meaningful.

If they continue to go the route of other networks, they will, imho, lose their brand and become a commodity like all the other outlets: I can get this anywhere mentality.

Thanks Ava...

I agree that TCM should not show any post-1960s films. The only exception should be TCM Underground where early-70s exploitation and horror films would be acceptable (people tend to get hung up on the word"classic". Turner Classic Movies is just a name. After all, the "Maisie" films aren't classics).

Controversial or not, Ava has a darn good point. I don't even have TCM anymore. Yet, when I saw MAVERICK on the schedule, I thought, Enough is enough! This trend has gone too far. I agree that the 1960's would be the ideal cut-off. Filmmaking changed a lot during that experimental decade. Subsequent movies have a more modern look.

But I'm all for compromise. You want to throw in FRENCH CONNECTION? GODFATHER? JAWS and STAR WARS? These products of the 70's have their place in film history. And I'm a middle-aged man. To a young person, that was a long time ago. But, please. Let's not get into the 80's and 90's. If everything is fair game, what's the point of the classic theme?

Red River

>Stop being rude to new posters.

>Try to at least act like a mature human being while you are here.

You're a hypocrite.

You're ALWAYS rude to new posters.

This topic has been posted A MILLION times. TCM is obviously not going to change. Deal with it.

Message was edited by: Metropolisforever

>You need to be polite to new posters, and try not to be so impulsive. You'll make lots of mistakes if you are too impulsive.

YOU'RE the impulsive one.

You always accuse people of "stalking" you.

For example:

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=107201&start=30&tstart=0

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=8035268

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=8000807

>I have something i have been wanting to say...i understand TCM just got done with Acadamy award winners movies..so they would have movies in the 90.s maybe 2000..but now tthat its over i sure hope..TCM will stay by the old classics and show nothing else....AMC use to show classics only and changed too all movies

I agree. There are a lot of people here who agree with you.

"Popcorn! Peanuts! Cracker Jack!"

Are you guys gonna keep this up all night? Just let me know 'cause this promises to be more entertaining than Maverick and I'd like to sell refreshments.

"Get's your tootsy-frootsy Ice Cream".

Kyle In Hollywood

Unfortunately, Kyle, it appears the powers-that-be have deleted the posts. I apologize to the community at large for mucking up this thread, but I am sick and tired of one person blatantly posing as a film expert, all the while copying and pasting the work of others.

Rich

YOU ALSO COPY PEOPLE SO YOU'RE ALSO A TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hardly. I copy people's responses so they know what I am replying to, as do most people on these boards. That is known as etiquette. I do not copy and paste from websites and pass it off as my own work. That is simply dishonest.

I apologize to TCM or any other members I may have offended. I truly do...

But there is a certain individual who comes here and slings insults at members with impunity.

Yesterday, he ridiculed my religion and faith.

I cannot sit back like a weak little lamb and not respond.

If TCM deems I should be banned, then so be it...

scsu1975 -

You didn't do anythig to apologise for - from what I read. I was going to point out that certain post was directed to the wrong person myself but you beat me to it.

"Programs! Get Your Programs. You Can't Tell The Play-ers Without A Program!"

Kyle In Hollywood