Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unknown Movie Title

eunicecross

Hi, I am trying to find the name of a movie made sometime in the late 40's or early 50's. It was set after the War and the female lead worked in a record store. She ended up living in her families summer home through an older man that had been sneaking into the house during the winter months while the family was in their winter home. Her father was played by the actor who played Maureen O'Hara's father in The Parent Trap. If I remember correctly her mother and father were not getting along and were estranged. Somehow the older man that was living in the house ended up inviting four or five other people to live there during the Christmas season, and the girl, her mother and her father all ended up there, but did not tell anyone who they were. I remember the father wanting Mulligan Stew. Any help anybody? Thanking you in advance.

It might be the movie "It Happened on 5th Avenue" (1947).

Cast:

Don DeFore

Ann Harding

Charles Ruggles

Victor Moore

Summary:

Ruggles is a millionaire who allows Moore, a local vagabond, to live in his Fifth Avenue mansion every winter, while he vacations in South Carolina. Leading a life of luxury, Moore befriends DeFore, an ex-GI, and takes him in. Before long he has a houseful of visitors, including the millionaire and his daughter, both in disguise. Songs include: "Speak My Heart," "That's What Christmas Means to Me," "It's a Wonderful, Wonderful Feeling" (Harry Revel), "You're Everywhere" (Revel, Paul Francis Webster).

~*~Stella~*~