Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gloria Grahame a complete package

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Just watched Gloria in Of Human Desire. Holy cow! She was awesome. It's my first real Gloria movie, besides The B and the B. I'm hooked. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it... hopefully you'll also enjoy the Aug. 13 SUTS lineup very much. ;)

I have The Big Heat recorded from the last time it was on.... but I haven't watched

it yet. I am turning into FrankGrimes.....

You like John Ford and Gary Cooper, you are still diseased. :P :p

I actually think you'd like some film noir, especially ones with interesting female characters.

In a Lonely Place is the Gloria film I'd most recommend to you, but you should like

her in The Big Heat, too.

> {quote:title=RainingViolets101 wrote:}{quote}

> And not a word about her stunning performance in "SUDDEN FEAR" as Irene Neeves

>

> she and Palance plot to do in Joan, and she is glorious in the courtroom scene...

Hi RainingViolets,

I recently saw Sudden Fear and completely agree with you...Gloria is stunning. However, what "courtroom scene" are you referring to? There is no courtroom scene in the movie. Are you perhaps confusing it with another Grahame movie?

Oops. I did see In a Lonely Place too, I just forgot (!!).

GG just totally enthralled me in her last scenes with Glenn Ford and Brod in Human Desire. I thought at first she was going to be sort of out of her depth. Her voice is weak and twangy, and she seemed almost wrong for the part. But oh, my word, what she did was great! I totally bought it. Loved it.

*The Big Heat* is a good film! Even when playing bad, I fall for Lee Marvin. Damn, that voice.

Gloria, in this one, is terrific. She has some great bits of business. I especially like her circus impersonations. And when she goes to visit the Widow Duncan. "We're sisters under the mink", well bad news for old lady Duncan, she's no where near our Glo's league.

"Something new. It attracts mosquitoes and repels men." may be my favorite line.

Those wild print pajamas Larry was sporting when he got his smack down from Bannion, what do you want to bet that Shiftless has a pair just like them?

Is Mighty Mo still over the moon?

Come back, Mo, come back!

Hello Lady Cutter...This is the only movie I love Glenn Ford in. He's tough and rugged. (Finally). Lee Marvin. Lee of the Dan Duryea school of weasly sadism. "You pig! You lying pig!!!" Aaah what gleeful venom he delivers it. And I love when he tells Glenn Ford to shoot him. I'd hate to be on the wrong end of Lee Marvin's hand.

This is truly one tough movie.

Hmmm...how do you stuff a wild bikini? With those print pajamas, I guess. That actor makes me think of one of the bad guys in Sean Connery's (next-to-the) last Bond film: "Diamonds Are Forever." What subliminal message were they trying to send?

Oh, and I wanted to add one little moment. When Ford is in the bar roughing up bad guys, he roughly turns around one of the henchmen by his lapel and I love the slow assured way the way the henchman fixed his jacket. It's a small moment, but I kind of look for it, among others.

But it's Gloria's all the way...wouldn't you say? "I've been rich and I've been poor. Belieeeeeeve me, rich is better." I think she's amazing in this film.

I look forward to seeing "HUMAN DESIRE" and reading anyone's thoughts.

Did you notice that when Bannion leaves The Retreat after Vince has his violent outburst and burns Carolyn Jones' hand, the music playing is "Put the Blame on Mame"?

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

> Did you notice that when Bannion leaves The Retreat after Vince has his violent outburst and burns Carolyn Jones' hand, the music playing is "Put the Blame on Mame"?

That's always been one of my favorite allusions in The Big Heat - whoever thought of that sure had a great sense of humor. ;)

Does anyone have a screencap of Larry Gordon in those jammies so we can post it in the FrankGrimes Torture Thread?

I really hope Shiftless has a pair. of those jammies.

Shiftless,

I love a man who can take a ribbing and keep on coming back for more.

You're aces in my book no matter what the Coop girls say.

Now that the boards are behaving more normally, I look forward to more talks with you about Lang, Hitch (I'm reading the Bogdanovich interview as we speak) and of course, the two Johns.

Thanks for taking the jibe in the manner it was meant.

And thanks for pointing out that I "never drink alone!"

I love a man who can take a ribbing and keep on coming back for more.

I've been told guys today only like dames who smack them around. :D

You're aces in my book no matter what the Coop girls say.

Thanks, girl. Do you really believe any gal who likes Gary Cooper knows what they're

talking about? :P

Now that the boards are behaving more normally, I look forward to more talks with you

about Lang, Hitch (I'm reading the Bogdanovich interview as we speak) and of course, the

two Johns.

Lang and Hitch? Really? Who are these two Johns you speak of? Garfield and Glynis?

And thanks for pointing out that I "never drink alone!"

bigheat5.jpg

It's pouring rain and thundering here. A perfect day to watch The Big Heat.... and maybe I will watch Human Desire again - doubleG feature. Somehow I think the dark sky and rumbling outside will add to my viewing enjoyment....