Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gloria Grahame a complete package

Although Robert Sterling is not as famous as some of his peers, he definitely made his mark in Hollywood. He also starred with his wife in the TV series Topper. Even though his was a small part, I enjoyed him as Ava Gardner's man in "Show Boat."

Terrence.

My previous gorgeous glamour shot of Gloria disappeared, which sometimes happens.

Not even a grin was left. A sweet kid like Gloria deserves a second chance

gloria_grahame_002.jpg

width =475>

Insure domestic Tranquility? Don't know about that, honey.

Fred, I like that picture.

Jackie,

Thanks for bumping the thread. Nice to see Gloria back in action and doing her part on the boards and on TCM tonight, to help celebrate the holiday.

I hope everyone had a nice fourth of July! :)

> {quote:title=molo14 wrote:}{quote}

> Fred, I like that picture.

>

> Jackie,

>

> Thanks for bumping the thread. Nice to see Gloria back in action and doing her part on the boards and on TCM tonight, to help celebrate the holiday.

>

> I hope everyone had a nice fourth of July! :)

Lovely, thanks. A perfect weekend.

How was yours?

Hi,

I had a very low key Fourth. I had to work on my car for part of the day. Once it got dark I sat on my front porch enjoying watermelon and watched the very modest but nice fireworks display going on about a half mile from my house at the local ball field. :)

I did catch a little of Gloria as Ado Annie on TCM. She's so cute in that film.

Untitled.jpg?t=1278352258

The third photo of Gloria preceding this post shows her wearing a black cut-out halter dress currently popularized in the current Sex in the City film sported by Kim Katrall, and featured earlier today on The View.

It's almost exactly the same dress from the Gloria image. Just goes to show ya that classic goes around and comes around.

It was like seeing her triumph again! :)

• 3 weeks later...

*Gloria Grahame: Queen of Film Noir*

By Bill Hare

Political Cortex

07/22/2010

*What is a crowning achievement of star status?*

Stardom in the eyes of the directors who know more about the subject than anyone else equate the rare phenomenon with the ability to generate interest. They explain that while studying one's craft will make one a better performer that this is a different element than stardom.

There are those with inferior diction and emphasis who have electrified screen audiences. On the other hand, many who have mastered the basic elements of the acting craft were unable to generate the level of excitement that enthralled cinema audiences.

Hollywood born and bred Gloria Grahame was a combination of both, someone who had that indefinable electricity that prompted fans to buy tickets to her films while at the same time delivering her lines in the most professional fashion, her emphasis on consistent perfection.

Grahame attended Hollywood High, as did some of the greatest performers in the history of film, such as Lana Turner and Mickey Rooney to name two of many. She starred in school dramas with someone who made headlines on the world scene, but not in movies.

One of Grahame's leading men at Hollywood High was Warren Christopher, who would one day become America's secretary of state. Years later each was unable to remember appearing with the other.

Gloria Grahame possessed an impressive quality that many stars did not possess. She was able to electrify audiences and leave them begging for more after being on screen for but brief periods of time.

http://www.politicalcortex.com/story/2010/7/22/31822/4875

Nobody could have played the role of Lee Marvin's girl like Gloria Graham did in *The Big Heat*.

bl-pl-fotos-musas-do-cinema-gloria-graha

Poor, beautiful Gloria! How awful to go from this...

big_heat_marvin_grahame_scar_closeup1217

...to this.

Kind of makes you think twice about keeping the coffee hot, eh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...