Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

similar to sinatra's "tender trap"... please help!

hispeeddemon

I know I've posted this cry for help once before, but in hopes of receiving some different input, here goes...

I'm trying to find out the title of a 60's movie (in colour) about a swingin' bachelor and his reluctance to give up the good life for the sake of love. I watched this film on TCM when I was younger and didn't catch too much of the plot. The only part I remember (and the reason I'd like to see this movie again) is a very hip cocktail party scene featuring a crowded apartment, lots of smoke, ultra-swank furniture and general craziness.

I can only offer a few details -- it appears to take place in New York in an apartment -- and the fact that I remembered Frank Sinatra (or someone I believed to look like Sinatra -- I was only 12 when I caught a bit of this movie, so I can't be sure) as having the role of the bachelor.

I checked out Sinatra's "The Tender Trap" on the suggestion of another poster, but I know for sure that the movie I'm searching for is still out there. I'm a big fan of 60's decor and bachelor pad kitsch and this movie just captured the spirit of the swingin' life best. If anyone has any suggestions at all I can always hop on the good 'ol www and check it out. Thanks a million!

Yes, there was a cocktail party. Tony Bill plays Sinatra's younger brother who moves in with him at his New York apartment. The brother hooks up with all these beatnik type people, because he is posing as some Hollywood producer. He throws the party. Lee J. Cobb plays the father, and Jill St. John plays one of Sinatra's girlfriends, who happens to live in the same apartment building. Ring any bells?