Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

THis male singer of the teen idol period had the distinction of performing a song which was the title track to a major film starring a legendary actor. Who? Film?

Again, there are several possible answers:

1) Pat Boone sang "Anastasia", "Exodus", and "Friendly Persuasion"

2) Gene Pitney sang "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" and "Town Without Pity"

3) Paul Anka sang "The Longest Day"

4) Vic Damone sang "An Affair To Remember" and "War And Peace"

5) Dean Martin sang "Rio Bravo"

6) Marty Robbins sang "Ballad Of The Alamo"

Take your pick..

Only the first 3 could be considered teen idols. Pitney is the one, and TOWN WITHOUT PITY is the only film that fits the clues. I said "major male Star", not "Stars". Yours, ms.

Sorry. Not that one either. A much earlier film. The lead came out of the closet just a few years ago....

That's the one.

I got my copy from Warner Archives and just finished watching it a week ago. The movie itself is so-so, but it is interesting because of two things:

It was supposed to be partly based on William Wellman's experiences as a pilot in the Escadrille during WW I...and for the number of actors who would soon be famous for other roles: A pre-Spaghetti Clint Eastwood; a pre-Fugitive David Janssen; a pre-Billy Jack Tom Laughlin; and early appearances by Brett Halsey and Jody McRae (who looked like his father Joel). It also featured Will Hutchins, who was doing "Sugarfoot" at the time. But I think the best role was Marcel Dalio's as the drill sergeant, providing some comic relief...

Your thread, Dilly...

Thanks. It's one of Clint's films that I haven't seen. I've been in love with Clint Eastwood (huge sigh) since I was a teenager.

Next:

There's an actor who appeared in 3 films. Another actor appeared in one of those films and was involved in the other 2 films. The actor who appeared in all 3 films is the only one who appeared in all 3. Name the actor who appeared in all 3 films that involved this other actor. (hope this wasn't worded too awkwardly)

1st film has had remakes, 2nd film was in 40's, 3rd film 50's. The complete question is who is the only actor to appear in all the films

This is something else. Any more clues? Is the actor who is involved in the last two the director? I've thought of Henreid, Ferrer, and Gene Kelly as the second actor, but none really fit. George Tobias in Bewitched kind of fits as the first actor, but then he doesn't. At least I'm trying.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jun 13, 2012 4:45 PM

Thanks for trying but none of those are it. The next clue would be the 2nd actor is a legend. It's enough to know that the 2nd actor was in the first film as I wrote and it's a legendary film. 2nd and 3rd films as I wrote are bio's. the 1st actor was in all 3 films.

I'll recap the clues this one time.

A character actor appeared on a long running sit-com in the 60-70's. He appeared in many films, but I'm referring to 3 films for this question. The first film is legendary. Another actor was in that 1st film. That actor is a legend. The character actor appeared in 2 more films that are related to the 1st. In the 2nd and 3nd film he played the same character, with the same character name. Both films were released in the 40's. The legendary actor had a very brief appearance in these films, Those 2 films are bios. Name the character actor that appeared in all 3 films, the film names and for extra credit who's the Legend ?????

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jun 14, 2012 9:22 AM

*reedited, TCM database had incorrect info.