• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Thanks.

next:

According to a bio film that I saw a few years back, Marilyn Maxwell seemed to be not only busy with Bob, but with another very famous performer while he was married to someone else. Marilyn was at a party at this performer's home, his wife got wind of the affair and threw her out in front of all the guests.Can you name the famous guy ?

Yes, Frank and Marilyn Maxwell. Nancy Sinatra found out about their affair. She threw her out of their home and not quietly,during a party. Your thread finance.

I don't know if this is what you're thinking of, but Jane Bryan married Justin Dart, Sr. who was a Walgreen's executive and then bought out Rexall Drug.

Here's one:

This actress of the 30s/40s won acclaim in another field first and disovered another future star singing in her native country. All this is true but a little vague. Can you guess the two stars?

Hints: For the first celebrity, her films usually took place in the wintertime, and for the celebrity she discovered, her films usually took place in the summer and at vacation spots.

Hi Lana. Cn I rule ot SonjaHenie?l I'd like to forget her(CAN'T STAND HER as a performer but most especially as a human being)

She is the answer to the first half the of the question. Now what actress/singer/celebrity who was "larger than life" did she discover? I betcha can guess it.

Not Esther Williams. This actress was very much a singer and entertainer, who more than made up for her petite frame. If you follow the clues, Sonja Henie saw this person singing in her native country and made her a star. But you'd have to be a fan of musicals to know her, as she wasn't in other types of films, as a rule.

FYI: I may not be able to get back on here until tomorrow night.

Thanks Lana, hope you had a good Hioliday. It's interesting. I immediately thought of Carmen Miranda since Henie and Carmen did those musicals together, but couldn't verify that info and I thought she went straight to the US from Brazil. Good, interesting question. I can't stand Sonia Henie, I think she was a terrible actress, and her cowardly actions have made her an unappealing celebrity to me.

next:

According to a bio that was shown on PBS, this actress had 2 actresses that inspired her. She studied their performances on the screen above all others. One was an actress that she saw on screen when she was a kid, before she became on actress, the other when she was working on her career. . All 3 were blondes. Who was the actress and the 2 she idolized?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jul 5, 2012 7:59 AM

Yes, according to what she has said. However, that's not who I'm asking about, and I asked for the 2 actresses she idolized and studied.

next clue: Much before Meryl Streep's time.

Yes, that's 2 out of 3. Jean Harlow was the actress she idolized when she was a kid. Now, who is the other actress? the info comes from Celeste Holm on a PBS special on Marilyn that was excellent btw.

Betty's the one. Marilyn idolized and did her best to emulate Jean Harlow and Betty Grable Ms. Holm suggested that the audience watch Marilyn very carefully to see how she had Betty down to a tee. mr.6 and finance you guys decide who takes the thread. Great team work! :) Oh, when that Marilyn special airs again on PBS it's worth while viewing.