Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

They actually had quite a bit in common. Jane had dreams of being a designer, and I remember reading her bio many years ago where she said she did design bras, she was a spokeswoman for Playtex. Elyse Knox was a designer before she made films. They both also modeled. I think what you're asking about is their husbands. Both played for the LA Rams. You can fill us in on the rest of the details, finance.

Thanks.

This actor not only appeared in a major motion picture but also appeared in the multiple subsequent tv movies. He was the only one from the original cast to do this. Who's the guy and what's the great film??

sans research, just guessing:

Lee Marvin in *The Dirty Dozen*, and then in the TVMs that followed.

???

So close. *Dirty Dozen* is the film, but there's one actor that appeared in the film and all 3 tv productions. He's the only one. I think Lee may have appeared in 1 or 2 of the tv productions, besides the film of course.

Yes ma'am, Ernest Borgnine appeared in all 4 productions. He reprised his role as Gen. Worden in the 3 TV productions of *The Dirty Dozen* . Mr. Borgnine was the only actor in all 4. Good team work, flash and lana, you guys decide who wants to take the thread. :):)

"The Tender Trap"

"Young At Heart"

"From Here to Eternity"

"Come Blow Your Horn"

"A Hole in the Head" ("High Hopes")

Edited by: cujas on Jul 10, 2012 3:44 PM

He never sings the title song in ETERNITY (though he later recorded it), and the song he sings over the opening credits of A HOLE IN THE HEAD is "All My Tomorrows", but you got 3 anyway. Yours.

My favorite male singer made his starring movie debut co-starring with another major singer in the 1960's. Both singers were at the top of their professions, however one was noted for TV work and the other one was on Broadway.

you can take it from there--

Lav--I've been missing you! And 2 greater singers, there never were.

Lav is up---

Fi--Andy Williams is one of the most versatile singers of the 20th century. If you really knew his repertoire, you'd comphrend his depth of emotion, stylish technique and broad range. He is actually a Baritone--and he still made a career of hitting Mancini's fluegelhorn high notes. I've seen him 3 times in concert over the last 50 years--he is also a phenomenal live entertainer.

Bob Goulet--was a great singer--he had more of a concert or operatic voice--Not really that suited for American pop singing. He could have been a great opera star.

Lav is still up--

Edited by: cujas on Jul 16, 2012 5:08 PM

Edited by: cujas on Jul 16, 2012 5:09 PM

Thanks cujas, I wish you were here more often.

This actress portrayed a woman in a made for tv movie. Not the nicest character this beautiful actress ever played. The actress did not know at the time that the woman she was portraying was actually a distant relative. Actress and the role she played ??

[Elizabeth Montgomery|http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000548/] and Lizzie Borden were sixth cousins once removed, both descending from 17th-century Massachusetts resident John Luther. Rhonda McClure, the genealogist who documented the Montgomery-Borden connection, said, "I wonder how Elizabeth would have felt if she knew she was playing her own cousin."

yes indeedee,skip. Isn't that a hoot! Elizabeth Montgomery in the TV movie The Legend Of Lizzie Borden . Elizabeth did not know when she portrayed Lizzie Borden that she was a distant cousin of Lizzie Borden's.I wonder if Elizabeth ever found out that Lizzie Borden was a distant cousin. Good sleuthing skipper. Your thread.

When Alec Guinness was offered the lead role in this movie, he wrote the producers to say, "But this part was meant for Alastair Sims surely."....What was the movie?

Yes...Isn't it amazing how you could interchange Alastair Sims and Alec Guinness in their movie roles and probably not notice the difference ?

Your thread, Edythe.