Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

I never saw it until you pointed it out. What a marvelous cast. Thank you.

This one time, Leo the MGM lion does not roar in opening titles. Why and what film?

My guess is "Saratoga"--The film that Jean Harlow died on??

Good guesses. I see the reasoning but you have to go a couple of decades later than Thalberg's death.

Hint #1: There were tour buses filled with celebrities viewing the set.

Here's a trivia item from Ben-Hur:

This is believed to be one of only three MGM films where the studio's trademark Leo the Lion did not roar at the beginning of the opening credits, apparently because of the religious theme in the film. The others were [The Next Voice You Hear...|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042786/] (another film with a religious theme) and [Westward the Women|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044205/]. (The lion used in 1968's [2001: A Space Odyssey|http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062622/] was the new illustrated logo first used in the credits for that film, not a real lion. But this logo was shortly discarded permanently, and so doesn't count.)

I liked the myth that a red Ferrari could be seen in the chariot scene. I guess it was disproved though. Thanks to all who played. Lav's thread.

Thanks. I only guessed Ben-Hur, since I thought I remembered reading that. Since mudskipper did more work on this than I did, I'd like to pass the thread to skip. Mudskipper, want the thread?

Ok.

This guy wrote the original score for this much loved film and the original score for the film that was a parody of that film. The 2nd film was made years later. The original score was Oscar nominated. Name the 2 films and of course the creator of this great score.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jul 23, 2012 11:29 AM

Yes it's me, the old hand .LOL The site somehow messed up my account info, so I had to register again with another name. I'm hoping once the tech guys figure it out I can get my lavender moniker back. Finance, check out the movie star on a TV show thread. You know this one.

Are you guys boycotting my questions? LOL.

I know people who use the theme song to this 60's western on their cell phones! Big male cast in the film. name the western, the 80's film that somewhat parodies this film and the name of the man who wrote the scores to both films. ???

I've put the pieces together enough for only a guess. The Magnificent Seven has a theme song very well known...very guy stuff and Elmer Bernstein did that score. He did The Magnificent Seven Ride Again but I don't think that's the score you want. That's all I have for now.

Ok take the thread. Yes Elmer Bernstein, Yes *The Magnificent Seven* the film that spoofed *The Magnificent Seven* is *Three Amigos*, Elmer Bernstein also did the original score for the silly movie *Three Amigos* .

Another bit of trivia, the same Mexican village that was used as the location for *The Magnificent Seven* was also used in *Three Amigos* .Take the thread Edythe.

The longest acceptance speech in the history of the Oscars was five minutes and 30 seconds long.

By whom and for which film.

You got it, finance. Thank you. Please continue

Name a well-known actor who achieved national ranking in a particular sport while he was a well-known actor. Actor? Sport?

Is it Paul Newman - Auto Racing? If you hadn't said he , I would've guessed Geena Davis - Olympic Archery

Edited by: Kid_Dabb on Jul 29, 2012 1:50 PM