Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

I tried this yesterday, now after your hint I might be 1 step closer. Wm J Fallon might have been portrayed 1) by Wm Powell in Lawyer Man '32 2) The Mouthpiece Warren Williams 3) The Great Mouthpiece, a comic short.

??

An unusual turn from mysteries and thrillers, this legendary director fashioned the first documentary on post traumatic stress disorder following his experiences from service during WWII. Mid-40s film that his famous father narrated. Who was the director and title of his film?

Correct, Kid...here's looking at you. I've worked through all but 1 director left in the US Postage stamps series. Maybe the best is saved for last. Had you known of Huston's film before this post?

I had some vague recollection. TCM or PBS aired a show 4 or 5 years ago (possibly more recently)with his WWII footage. If I recall correctly, quite a bit of it was in color (for this showing). Like his personal 'home' movies.

I was saving this for another thread but here goes -

Who am I?

My first exposure to a national audience came via radio and television dramas in the

1940s,where I made a name for myself with sensitive portrayals of young women,

most notably opposite Paul Newman and Frank Sinatra in a production for "Producers'

Showcase" (NBC, 1954-57) and "Philco TV Playhouse" (NBC, 1948-1955), which brought

me an Emmy nomination in 1955.

A very forgettable, short-lived Broadway production of the late '20s had two cast members who went on to become Hollywood superstars. Name of production? The two cast members?