Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Good question.

This Oscar winning actor was not a well man. He suffered with arthritis and underwent a risky , controversial operation that resulted in pneumonia. He died shortly after. Who?

Yes, Warner Baxter. First he suffered a nervous breakdown. He did the *Crime Doctor* series because the filming schedule was easy. He had a lobotomy to cure his arthritis!!!!, but he wound up dying shortly after. Terrible story.

You're up finance.

Holman's husband, heir to the Reynolds tobacco fortune, died under mysterious circumstances. That is what RECKLESS was supposed to be about. Yours, 6s.

The film is The Half Naked Truth '32. The occupation of Princess Exotica would be an escapee from a harem and the occupation of Aechilles is later that of a nudist colony leader. They both sound equally funny. ??

Thanks 6's. The lion and the Turkish harem escapee was easy..that eunuch caused enough trouble.

Rita Hayworth's poster of Gilda caused a sensation and later made famous in The Shawshank Redemption. Posters and billboards of this actress who made her screen debut in this 40s film riddled with "issues" also made a sensation which was captioned by one of its collaborators as " A sale of two ****". Any guesses as to film and star??

A particular actor starred in a well-known Broadway play. Within two years, another actor starred in the acclaimed film version. In the next decade, both actors worked together in one of the best-loved films of all time. The two actors? Title of the earlier play and film? Title of the later film?

Edited by: finance on Sep 22, 2012 4:29 PM

First guess: Lionel Barrymore and Jimmy Stewart starred in BP You Can't Take It With You, later starred in It's A Wonderful Life, both Frank Capra movies?

Aha! This is the answer I deleted last night, reread the question and decided I was wrong. (I was disrought watching the Packer game). So I'll try again. This time Henry Travers was in the play You Can't Take It With You. 2 yrs later Barrymore (and Stewart) starred in the film. Later they would star in It's A Wonderful Life ??