Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

I'm throwing in the towel. The first black singer with a nationally known white band was "Bon Bon", with Jan Savitt and his Orchestra (1937).......THread is open.

Thank you very much!

Sort of a follow-up question:

This film was made to celebrate the 25th anniversary of UFA. Despite being made at the height of the Third Reich, it contains little or nothing in the way of Nazi propaganda, and can be enjoyed by the modern viewer as a charming, imaginative fantasy.

Ok, here's one:

In this movie, the leading lady had two brothers in the cast, the leading man had four children in the cast, a supporting actor had a brother in the cast, and the director had his son-in-law and a brother in the cast...Name this "family" movie....

*The Quiet Man* ?

1. Maureen O'Hara - 2 Brothers - actors - Charles Fitzsimons, James O'Hara

2. John Wayne- 4 children in the film were - Patrick Wayne, Michael Wayne, Toni Wayne, Melinda Wayne

3. Barry Fitzgerald- Brother- Arthur Shields

4. John Ford - Brother- Francis Ford - Son-in-law- Ken Curtis

???????????????????

Thanks skip, that was an interesting question.

next:

According to the autobiography of this actor, he writes " ____ didn't play sexy, she didn't act sexy, she was sexy". The quote refers to a film they appeared in together which was a remake of a 1940's screwball comedy. This actor and actress made 2 films together.

Who wrote this, and who was the actress ??

Screwball is my speciality--And My Favorite Wife is my favorite screwball. Re-make is Move Over Darling with Doris Day and her equally sexy co-star James Garner. Ditto--The Thrill of it All!

You got cujas. I'm reading James Garner's book right now. He has talked about Doris on TCM. He's crazy about her and he alsowrote in his book that she made everyone look good. Agreed, handsome, sexy man. Your thread my dear.

Lav--i saw the book at the library--check out the back cover--everybody from Wade preston to jack kelly--think only Clint Walker was missing--very yummy!

next: Father was a wild west frontier scout and mother was a legal secretary--FYI this was on TV, not in real life.

in reel life, he was a superhero.

Hint: took his father's real name--but his father had a stage name. For the biz, his mother kept her maiden name.

I think you are referring to William Katt, also known as The Greatest American Hero of the '80s. Dad was Bill Williams and Mom is Barbara Hale. Am I right?

Surprisingly, this supporting actress earned a degree in mathematics in 1906, switched gears and went into law, became the 1st lawyer in her home state.. It was after the stock market crash that she broke into film, and took on the last name of the character she first played. Matronly middle-aged roles were her best. Any guesses?