Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Were the actors from these cities or the characters? "The Apartment?" Though Maclaine is from Richmond Va.......

WHEW! GOT ONE RIGHT. GOING TO TURN THREAD OVER TO SOMEONE ELSE. BACK IN A FEW DAYS.

The Oscar count and the mannerisms suggest Gary Cooper, but 20 min research couldn't confirm the financial commentary. ??

I know the reason this guy always paid with a check is the vendors would always keep his signed checks as souvenirs and would not cash them....I read that once, but I can't remember who the actor was.

flash and mudskipper, you're both correct. The actor was Gary Cooper. He hated signing autographs and decided he was going to get paid for doing it. So, he paid for everything by check, groceries, gasoline, cigarettes, meals in restaurants, etc, knowing full well that most of the checks wouldn't be cashed and they would be saved as autographs!!! .

Excellent, both of you. You guys decide who wants to take the thread, and Thank You for thinking about the question. :)

I'll take it, since skip seems to be MIA

This actress was tired of fans thinking she was married in real life to this actor that she worked successfully with. So she had tee shirts made with "I am NOT Mrs. _____ ______ written across the front of the shirt. When her baby was born, she had tee shirts made up that read " I am NOT _____ ______'s baby." A fan then had tee shirts made that read " I am NOT Mrs. _____ ______ either." The wife of the actor then had a tee shirt made that read " I'm the REAL Mrs. _____ ______." Who's the actress that had the tee shirt made in the first place and what actor's name was written on the tee shirts??

You got it, Kid. The chemistry was so great between Mariette Hartley and James Garner in the Polaroid ads, that fans actually believed they were married in real life. Very clever and funny that Mariette thought of having those tee shirts made, and funny that the real Mrs. James Garner had her shirt made. Good thinking Kid, your thread. :)

Thank you, lavender :) I have nothing - Thread is open

Ida Lupino is a woman on the run in this film that takes place in North Carolina. The viewer knows this right away, because her car's license plate reads North Carolina and also because throughout the film, as she is on the run from bus station to bus station, the intercom announces departures and arrivals for Raleigh, Asheville, Black Mountain, and surrounding towns and cities. Name the film, why she is running, and who's on hand to help her.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Mar 20, 2013 10:04 AM

I believe she's running from her husband, who is trying to kill her. The guy who helps her is played by Howard Duff, but I forget who he is. A newspaperman?

This young female star spotted an actor on Broadway, was convinced he would do well in films, talked him up at her studio, and was at least partially responsible for his film debut, which he made in a co-starring role with her. Actress? Actor? Film?