Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

The actor and actress, both known for musicals, were two of the biggest stars of classic films.

Edited by: finance on Mar 27, 2013 4:33 PM

The actor played the lead in a Broadway musical which was turned into a film about 17 years later, with someone else in the lead. The Broadway lead actor and the film lead actor worked together in films at least 3 times.

Edited by: finance on Mar 28, 2013 5:50 PM

That's enough.

What I was looking for is Judy Garland and Gene Kelly in FOR ME AND MY GAL.

Thread is open.

1956 was a good year for this child actor. His father in one film was played by James Stewart and James Mason in another. His sister in real life was featured on a very famous family comedy, and his full name shows he was named for a famous animated person. Supply his full name and tell us who his famous sister is, what show she was on, and the two films he made in 1956.

Christopher Robin Olsen- (Pooh's best friend! LOL)

*The Man Who Knew Too Much* and *Bigger than Life* - his sister is Susan Olsen, better known as Cindy on The Brady Bunch .

Thanks.

This actress comes from a show biz family. Her dad was a heartrob. She played a daughter to major stars in her first film in the '60's. She was a regular in an early 80's sit com, and a regular on another tv show in the later 80's-early 90's.She also had a major role again playing the daughter to major stars in a hit comedy film in the 1980's. Who was she,her dad and what was her first film and that major hit film in the 1980's????

No, sorry. I wrote she was in 2 hit movies as a daughter and was a regular on 2 tv shows. Her father as I said was a heartrob.

clue- She has made a lot of tv movies.

Teenaged girls were madly in love with her dad.First movie, she's part of a very large family. Second well known comedy in the 1980's, she plays a very rich, spoiled, anorexic daughter.

If this is who I think it is, it's ironic that I just posted about a costar of hers in this film on Monday:

Is it Ricky Nelson's daughter Tracy Nelson who starred in Yours Mine and Ours?

Yes, it is Tracy Nelson. Other part of question was to name the 2 movies, great to also name the tv shows. I noticed that you posted your question right after I did about the same movie. Great minds and all that. LOL :)

Thanks. Yes Square Pegs, (I loved that show) she played a Valley girl type, and a nun on Father Dowling . besides playing a daughter in the Lucille Ball, Henry Fonda film, *Youre, Mine and Ours* she was the anorexic daughter in the hit comedy *Down and Out In Beverly Hills* , as Richard Dreyfus and Bette Midler's daughter. She played the lead in lots of Lifetime movies over the last years. Tracy Nelson, Ricky's beautiful daughter, had a brain tumor in real life, while she was married to Billy Moses. She seems to be fine now. Beautiful, talented Nelson family. Thanks, lana, good job. Your thread. :)

Name three songs that won an Oscar or were nominated for Best Song sung by Judy Garland, and the films they come from. (Only two won.)

Edited by: allaboutlana on Apr 17, 2013 9:22 AM

"The Man That Got Away" (A STAR IS BORN)

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS)

"Over the Rainbow" (WIZARD OF OZ)

This is all a wild guess.

Without researching to answer, I have to research to reply. Two of three are right, but The Man That Got Away didn't win, while Over the Rainbow did. The other song is wrong. To finish, I'm asking the original question I was going to ask, but changed it at the last minute.

Besides "Over the Rainbow," what was the other song that Judy sang that won for Best Song?

Edited by: allaboutlana on Apr 17, 2013 9:38 AM

I'll guess "The Acheson, Topeka, and Santa Fe" from THE HARVEY GIRLS. If not that, "The Troley Song" , also from MMISTL