Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

laffite

The miniseries is a sequel to another miniseries, running parallel to history in the form a multi-generational family tree.

The role is that of an actual person who footnoted aspects of the late 20th Century. His sequence was set in the form of being interviewed by the central character.

The performer who sought and got the role was a very big name in the industry.

Edited by: flashback42 on Jun 10, 2013 3:08 PM

Excuse me, I guess that seemed ambiguous. Yes, *Roots: The Next Generation*. I opened with a reference to a question posed back in May on the General Trivia thread, about a Bigscreen all-star opus in which a famous actor sought a certain role and did not get it. As for this question about asking to audition and then getting the desired role, one more piece of information. -- It was the same actor.

I really regret that I did not start a Views count on this one. A poser on May 28 on the General Trivia Questions Thread brought out the fact that Marlon Brando sought, and did not get, the Defense Attorney role in *Judgment at Nuremberg*.

My "post a link" skills atrophy when my son is not visiting. Google the term "Marlon Brando as George Lincoln Rockwell". If it works for others as it did for me, they can view the scene in *Roots, The Next Generation* for which Mr. Brando auditioned and was accepted. James Earl Jones as Alex Haley and Brando as the American Neo-Nazi leader who, surprisingly, granted the Black writer an interview. If anyone wants to post that scene to this site, I would appreciate it.

Thread open.

• 2 weeks later...

A two time Oscar winning actor earned a nickname by his contemporaries for playing this fictional character of a famous children's story/play/musical. He was to be on screen dressed as this character again in a later film. Upon hearing that, he refused to be in the same costume again and requested the script be changed. It was. Who is the actor and this character?

Indeed, Cpt Hook w/Dustin Hoffman. In Finding Neverland he was to dress as Cpt Hook at the audition scene. He said "No" and the script was changed. Gene Hackman gave him the nickname of "Hook" and it stuck. They still refer to their friend as Hook. Your thread, and thanks.

In a similar vein, another producer of another 1980's movie did not receive screen credit because he believed that the film's sexual content did not mesh with his family-friendly reputation. Again, what was the movie and who was the producer?

• 1 month later...