Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

YES, Barbara Stanwyck was thrown from a horse, the horse kicked her, she was a trooper and finished the film *Forbidden* . She would do her scenes during the day, and spend nights in a hospital in traction. Not just a great actress, but one tough cookie. Thanks to everybody for their guesses, and THANKS Holly, your thread :)

I love Barbara Stanwyck, but when she played Mary Carson in The Thorn Birds her dentures were very ill-fitting. She would have sibilant "s" (I think that's what you'd call it - a lispy 's) which was tough when she spoke the name Ralph de Bricassart often. She almost sounds like Sylvester the Cat. A friend at that time started referring to Stanwyck as "Clackers." Didn't the sound editor catch it?

It's funny and blasphemous to focus on the dentures, but now I can't help it when I see this scene. But it IS a great scene and she was always a great actress.

Sorry.