Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

laffite

I kind of lost track of this thread. "Mad Love" is the one where Peter Lorre is a crazy doctor who is obsessed with a married woman. Her husband is a pianist who has his hands badly injured in a train wreck. She asks Peter for help. He replaces the husband's hands with those from a recently executed murderous knife thrower. It turns out that the husband can't play the piano any more, but he sure can throw knives at folks. The husband is played by Dr. Frankenstein himself, Colin Clive!

Now, can you name the somewhat infamous western movie that featured an all-midget cast?

thanks, Miles

-The director of an upcoming film suggested an actor for the lead. Hal Wallis liked the idea, but wasn't sure he could handle the role. The actor offered to test for the part, and did so.

Once cast, he threw himself into the role, wearing sloppy clothes, padding, unflattering makeup, and adopting a shuffling, stooped walk.

-actor & film?

Thanks 6. I heard RO talk about that, and you posted that question BEFORE he did give that info., so good for you for knowing that :) I love Burt ( not that there's anything wrong with Bogart) LOL- but just can't see Bogie and Shirley together, but it would have been very interesting to see how he would have played it, although never would have thought about my heartrob Burt and Shirley together either. Later with one :)

This child actor had an uncredited role in a film starring an Oscar winning actress. He fell on the set, he said that the actress picked him up, carried him off to her trailer, tended to the wound and gave him chocolate. The actress has a terrible reputation of not being the kindest in Holluwood history. He disputed that when he was older. Name the child actor (btw he was recently in a film on TCM playing a son) and the actress that was so kind and caring towards him. Extra credit for the film he and actress were in and the film shown on TCM (it was shown today!)