Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Thank you, laffite! I would like to defer to redhook1947's new poser.. please address all replies to TCM Box 1947 Message Board # 1 Someplace, U.S.A.

If I'm not breaching protocol, since the last answer was The Apartment, here's a follow-up.question:

The Apartment mentions three cultural touchstones: a TV Show, a Broadway Musical and a Classic Movie being shown on TV.  Can anyone name them?

Thank you, laffite! I would like to defer to redhook1947's new poser.. please address all replies to TCM Box 1947 Message Board # 1 Someplace, U.S.A.

THE APARTMENT is my favorite film........"The Untouchables", "The Music Man:, GRAND HOTEL.

My favorite too.  Congratulations to you and to starliteyes.  Either of you can take the next question.

This film actor, who was born in NYC, had one Jewish parent. He starred in the screen version of a Broadway musical, and also had a major hit record. Name?

Robert Osborne has said that when he first started working for the Hollywood Reporter he was assigned to interview a famous actress. He admitted that his questions were disorganized. He credits this actress for helping him organize his questions and the interview was a success. He said she was so kind and patient with him and he always appreciated that. Who's the actress that he so fondly remembers?

Robert Osborne has said that when he first started working for the Hollywood Reporter he was assigned to interview a famous actress. He admitted that his questions were disorganized. He credits this actress for helping him organize his questions and the interview was a success. He said she was so kind and patient with him and he always appreciated that. Who's the actress that he so fondly remembers?

Olivia D.?

These 2 actresses were under contract to the same studio and shared the same birthday.  When the older one left the movies while still at the peak of her career, the younger one supplanted her as the studio's top female star.  Who were the 2 actresses?

Just a guess, is it Janet Gaynor and Carole Lombard?  Both were born on October 6th.  Janet was two years older.

By the way, Barbara Stanwyck and Ginger Rogers were both born on July 16th.  Barbara was four years older.

No, but thanks for all that info.  I didn't know that.

Another hint:  They appeared in one film together.  The older actress was the star and the younger actress played a supporting role.  During the filming, the older actress never spoke to the younger one.  In later years, she said that she regretted snubbing her.

The older actress had been a leading contender for the role of Scarlett O'Hara, while the younger actress had been tested for the role of Julia Seaton, Katharine Hepburn's sister in Holiday, but didn't get the part because of inexperience.

The older actress had a distinctive voice and was best known for her comedic roles in which she often played an independent career woman.  The younger actress could dance and became known as a love goddess.

A partial shot in the dark:

Could the older actress be Eve Arden ??