Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Thanks, lavender.

Next: A 'babe' appears in this movie and its sequel. However, although this 'babe' is the same character in both movies, the character's name was changed between the first and the second movies for no apparent reason. Unless, of course, it was to protect the innocent!

No, it isn't the Bambino. But that was a interesting guess since most people probably forget that Babe Ruth was in movies other than The Pride of the Yankees. And, even better, you didn't assume that I was sexist with respect to my clue since you did consider the possibility that the character in question was male!

:)

And, as a matter of fact, this character is male.

Jack Carson is the one. In the 1940's he would disappear from Hollywood for a time, no one other than his wife knew where he was. He was a clown in Clyde Beatty's Circus. (stand corrected)No one in the audience knew it was Jack Carson. Thought that was such an interesting bit of info about this wonderful actor that so many of us on the bds. admire. Good work star, your thread

Jack Carson is the one. In the 1940's he would disappear from Hollywood for a time, no one other than his wife knew where he was. He was a clown in Claude Beatty's Circus. No one in the audience knew it was Jack Carson. Thought that was such an interesting bit of info about this wonderful actor that so many of us on the bds. admire. Good work star, your thread

Clyde. Star's thread.

Once known as “America’s Boy,” this child actor made 3 movies with titles where he played somebody’s boy.  Name the actor and the 3 movies and, if you feel up to the challenge, name the 5 other movies he made with the word “boy” appearing in some form. 

I'll say it's Jackie Cooper.  Some titles I knew, some I had to look up.

Peck's Bad Boy (1934)

O'Shaughnessy's Boy (1935)

Gangster's Boy (1938)

The others are:

Lone Cowboy (1933)

Boy Of The Streets (1937)

Newsboy's Home (1938)

Two Bright Boys (1939)

Glamour Boy (1941)

Yes, pretty Mary Kornman was one of the first stars of the "Our Gang" comedies.  When producer Hal Roach conceived the idea for the film series, he didn't want professional child actors.  He wanted ordinary kids who looked and acted like kids everywhers.  Mary's father was a cameraman for Roach, and freckle faced Mickey Daniels was a kid that lived in the Kornman's neighborhood.  Here is young Mary.

220px-Marykornman.jpg    

You can see more photos of her in this short video tribute.

It's your turn, Starliteyes.