Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Are you thinking of All Through The Night? That one had Jackie Gleason and Phil Silvers in it.

But Gleason and Silvers were not the co-stars. These two were the co-stars of the film.

How about Eve Arden and Lucille Ball in "Stage Door"?

DGF- you probably need to narrow it down a little, a little too GENERAL- maybe type of film and type of tv shows????

You owe Terrence a clue anyway for the good guess

Thanks, Lavender, but I was a little too eager with this one.  I had forgotten about the decade.  So, I guess it's still open.

This movie boasted strong roles for four female characters.  The four actresses involved were:  an Oscar winner, a two-time Oscar winner, a four-time nominee, and a beautiful European actress.  Plus an exciting score by Elmer Bernstein.  Name the movie.

This movie boasted strong roles for four female characters.  The four actresses involved were:  an Oscar winner, a two-time Oscar winner, a four-time nominee, and a beautiful European actress.  Plus an exciting score by Elmer Bernstein.  Name the movie.

WALK ON THE WILD SIDE?

That's it, Frazier.  Good going.  Your turn.

What do these four films have in common?

THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST

CANDY

FREEJACK

THE LEGACY

What do these four films have in common?

THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST

CANDY

FREEJACK

THE LEGACY

Hint: Look at the casts

Hint: Look at the casts for names you might not necessarily associate with films.

Hint: Cast members were in "my generation".

Doh! I feel like an idiot since I had noticed early that Mick Jagger was in Freejack but didn't even think of exploring that path. So I assume the commonality is that British rock stars are in each of these movies (David Bowie in The Last Temptation of Christ, the aforementioned Jagger in Freejack, Ringo Star in Candy and Roger Daltrey in The Legacy)?

Doh! I feel like an idiot since I had noticed early that Mick Jagger was in Freejack but didn't even think of exploring that path. So I assume the commonality is that British rock stars are in each of these movies (David Bowie in The Last Temptation of Christ, the aforementioned Jagger in Freejack, Ringo Star in Candy and Roger Daltrey in The Legacy)?

Correct. Yours.

This legendary actor made his feature film debut in a movie which starred the future wife of another legendary actor. Who is the actor and what is the movie?

This legendary actor made his feature film debut in a movie which starred the future wife of another legendary actor. Who is the actor and what is the movie?

I have a feeling that Barbara Stanwyck is in this mix.

No Barbara Stanwyck here. Unlike Ms. Stanwyck, the actress who starred in this movie would not be classified as legendary. And it is probably a safe assumption that, in this day and age, she is remembered primarily for whom she was once married to.

No Barbara Stanwyck here. Unlike Ms. Stanwyck, the actress who starred in this movie would not be classified as legendary. And it is probably a safe assumption that, in this day and age, she is remembered primarily for whom she was once married to.

Cary Grant? THIS IS THE NIGHT? (Lili Damata, future wife of Errol  Flynn)

You got it, DGF! Hard to believe that the makers of that movie would expect anyone to believe that Thelma Todd (or any other actress) would prefer Roland Young over Cary Grant!

You got it, DGF! Hard to believe that the makers of that movie would expect anyone to believe that Thelma Todd (or any other actress) would prefer Roland Young over Cary Grant!

This legendary actor made his film debut in a film starring the wife (at the time) of another legendary actor. Actor? Film? 

This legendary actor made his film debut in a film starring the wife (at the time) of another legendary actor. Actor? Film? 

Hint: The wife is a lot better-known than Lili Damita.