Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

I haven't seen the film in years also not sure if you're looking for a film title, if so then why is this question posted in general trivia?????

Is the film Captain's Paradise, Alec Guiness and Yvonne DeCarlo???????????

Yes, that's it.  I guess this movie is not as well known as I thought.  Also, I thought that any movie trivia question was appropriate here.

It's not trivia you asked about, you wanted a film title. Either pre-1970 films or name the movie would be where this question belongs.

TCM use to show the film every so often, it's a great film, but I haven't seen it in rotation on TCM in a long time unfortunately.

I'll post one later

Actor wrote that he planned to kill this actor who was dating this actress. He had been married to her. A friend talked him out of it. Who were the 3?

I don't think this is it, but I'll take a guess anyway.  Were the 3 people Franchot Tone, Barbara Payton and Tom Neal?

Knew that last clue would do it. Robert Wagner wrote that he had every intention of waiting for Beatty to come home and shooting him outside of Beatty's house. Reminds me of a scene out of Love Me or Leave Me! A friend of Wagner's talked him out of it and instead Wagner began psycho analysis. Good work KarmaGirl, your thread :)

Upon hearing of a famous director's plans for a movie, a songwriter submitted some songs for him to possibly use im his movie. Not only was he impressed with this music, but also the singer. He cast her in his movie, to great acclaim. Name the movie and the singer.

Upon hearing of a famous director's plans for a movie, a songwriter submitted some songs for him to possibly use im his movie. Not only was he impressed with this music, but also the singer. He cast her in his movie, to great acclaim. Name the movie and the singer.

been 4 days, any hints?

I'm a little bit confused.  The songwriter and the singer aren't the same person, are they?

These hints are rather confusing because it appears that there is a movie within this movie and it's hard to tell which movie the hints refer to.  Could it be "Inside Daisy Clover"?

Miles, you're not the only one confused by the clues. No, there is only one movie involved. The songwriter submitted songs to possibly be used in a movie. The director not only used the songs, but hired the person to be featured in the movie. Two people were nominated for this movie. I hope this helps.

I guess this was too difficult. The answer is Ronee Blakely in "Nashville." It's true that when she submitted her songs for possible use in the movie, she had no intention of becoming part of the cast. And she even got an Oscar nomination for playing Barbara Jean, a very tragic figure. Open to anyone who wants it.