Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

We haven't made it up to 1975 yet..

;)

This director directed a film, starring an actor, which bombed. Two years later, he directed the same actor in a film which initially bombed, but in re-release, became a  big hit, and one of the most important films of the decade. Director? Actor? The two films?

This director directed a film, starring an actor, which bombed. Two years later, he directed the same actor in a film which initially bombed, but in re-release, became a  big hit, and one of the most important films of the decade. Director? Actor? The two films?

Hint: '60s.

The director is Arthur Penn, the actor is Warren Beatty, and the movies are "Mickey One" (1965) and "Bonnie and Clyde" (1967).

DGF, if I'm correct, could you please respond with something besides "Yes, yours"?  And please don't respond with "Yup".  That has been used so much on the General Discussion forum that I'm sure most people are getting sick of it.  Thank you.

The director is Arthur Penn, the actor is Warren Beatty, and the movies are "Mickey One" (1965) and "Bonnie and Clyde" (1967).

DGF, if I'm correct, could you please respond with something besides "Yes, yours"?  And please don't respond with "Yup".  That has been used so much on the General Discussion forum that I'm sure most people are getting sick of it.  Thank you.

Yes sir. Yours.

Thank you for the very clever response.  Tell me, DGF, when you were in law school learning to write legal briefs, did you take the instructions literally and make them as brief as possible?  C'mon now.  'Fess up!

Now, years before Gene Kelly went splashing around in a street in "Singin' In The Rain", Maurice Chevalier had a similar singing and splashing experience in a movie.  Can you name that movie and the song that Maurice frolicked to? 

Yes, that's it.  Check out this clip.  That's Ann Sothern with him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7q5av_maurice-chevalier-rythm-of-the-rai_webcam

Curiously, some Hollywood movies did a foreign language version at the same time as the English language production.  This movie had a French version with an actress named Sim Viva in Ann Sothern's role.  Here's the French version of the song.  The quality of this clip is better than the first one.

It's your turn, Starliteyes.

Yes.  Yours.

One of the most successful films ever made had a troubled casting and a troubled shoot, and was expected to be failure, when completed, by its director, who had never before directed a successful film. Title? Director?

One of the most successful films ever made had a troubled casting and a troubled shoot, and was expected to be failure, when completed, by its director, who had never before directed a successful film. Title? Director?

The clue sounds like it might be be JAWS- Steven Spielberg the director ??

Congratulations. A really wonderful job. I graciously award the thread to you. (How's that?)

Congratulations to you for a most excellent response  ;)

Some characters in the novel this very famous film  is based on was a real life person and his brothers. The real life guy was going to sue the author, but died before that happened. Who's the author,the man who was going to sue the author and the film ???