Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

You got it, Edythe.  I've been to Gettysburg and know a bit about the battle.  The movie was filmed there and the Battle Of Little Round Top was filmed on the exact location of the original battle.  They used thousands of Civil War re-enacters, many of whom provided their own uniforms and equipment.  It's your turn now, Edy.  Happy Fourth of July!  

Most of our 4th of July celebrations are in remembrance of our forefathers but today, July 4th, 1939 has a special significance for the Boys of Summer...baseball!! A famous speech was delivered in a classic film of 1942. Name the movie, speaker and the actor that portrayed him.  ??

How about Gary Cooper, playing Lou Gherig in "Pride of the Yankees"?

Very good Terrence :)  Thanks for the quick response. Lou Gehrig delivered his "luckiest man speech in the face of so much for him to battle as well.

Your turn now.

Thanks, Edythe. That scene is so emotional that I get misty-eyed every time I see it. And that is probably one of the most memorable lines of dialog in the movies.

This actress had been in numerous movies, usually playing minor parts. In the course of her career, she went through numerous changes in the color of her hair. She finally received an Oscar nomkination for a very brief appearance in a movie. She finally achieved stardom in a TV comedy series.

My gut tells me Cloris Leachman, but I'm not sure.  My gut speaks to me often, usually with better ideas than what bounces around this empty head of mine-- and we won't even get into where that head is often entrenched.

Cloris Leachman is a good guess,but, unfortunately, not the one I'm looking for. The TV series is from the 1960's.

It's not unusual for actors and actresses to fall in love while filming. Think of 3 real life couples this happened to while making films. All 3 films were filmed in the same country (not the USA) and all 3 couples married shortly after completion of the films. Name the 3 couples, the films they were working on together and the country the films were shot in ??????????

Okay, I'm thinking that the country is Italy and that the 3 couples and their movies are:

Sandra Dee and Bobby Darin - Come September

Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton - Cleopatra

Suzanne Pleshette and Troy Donohue - Rome Adventure

Edith Head was known to be extremely diplomatic and rarely gossiped.  However in later years she did admit that there were 4 actresses she did not enjoy working with.   One was an Oscar winner, one was better known for her work in musical theater, one was married to 3 famous men (not at the same time of course), and one also did some work as an inventor.  Who were they?

Edith Head was known to be extremely diplomatic and rarely gossiped.  However in later years she did admit that there were 4 actresses she did not enjoy working with.   One was an Oscar winner, one was better known for her work in musical theater, one was married to 3 famous men (not at the same time of course), and one also did some work as an inventor.  Who were they?

One was Hedy Lamarr.

Well, between the two of you, you got the right answer.  However, I think lavender should get the thread since he/she (sorry, don't know) named 3 actresses to DGF's one.

I'm a she, no problem because not sure who you are either.

I'll pass to DGF, I think I still have a couple of questions on the bd that are still open 

I'm a she, no problem because not sure who you are either.

I'll pass to DGF, I think I still have a couple of questions on the bd that are still open 

I had a feeling you were a she, but you never know.  For the record, I'm a she, too.

I had a feeling you were a she, but you never know.  For the record, I'm a she, too.

That's good, I think there are more he's in games and trivia so good to know there's another gal :) with the few questions I have open I still need to provide clues so DGF please take the thread.

That's good, I think there are more he's in games and trivia so good to know there's another gal :) with the few questions I have open I still need to provide clues so DGF please take the thread.

This screenwriter had a number of well-known films to his credit. In addition, he was arguably the '70s most prolific uncredited script doctor. Who?

Hint: His last name is reminiscent of a geographic entity.

Hint: His first name is the same as the leads in a landmark film about anti-Semitism

Hint: His first name is the same as the leads in a landmark film about anti-Semitism

It's Robert Towne. Thread is open.