Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

This actor and actress were very self-conscious regarding their large hands.  To disguise his large hands, the actor would curl his middle two fingers while doing something for which he was famous.  The actress used gloves as one of her favorite cover-ups and owned over 150 pairs.  Who were they?

Okay, the actor would curl his middle two fingers to disguise their size while he was dancing.  The actress won an Oscar for one of the most famous movies of the 1930's.

Well, you got half of it right.  Vivien Leigh is the actress.  The actor was a much bigger star in films than Bob Fosse.

Well, you got half of it right.  Vivien Leigh is the actress.  The actor was a much bigger star in films than Bob Fosse.

Gene Kelly?

That's it!  Since you answered half the question and lavender answered the other half, either one of you can take the thread.

DGF can take this one

Melvyn Douglas is to Robert Redford as (in real life) ______________is to ______________.

Are you thinking of Pat and Jerry Brown? Although, based upon the movie reference, my original assumption was that the father should be a governor and the son should be a senator which doesn't hold with this real-life pairing.

Are you thinking of Pat and Jerry Brown? Although, based upon the movie reference, my original assumption was that the father should be a governor and the son should be a senator which doesn't hold with this real-life pairing.

Doesn't have to be that exact. Father and son in top positions in the state. Your turn.

So I overthought this one, DGF? Wouldn't be the first time, my friend!  :)

Next: This character appears in six novels by its creator but does not appear in a movie based upon one of those novels.

Hint: Although missing from this one particular movie, this character did appear in nine other movies.

Liam, this is a fascinating question, and it's driving me crazy.  I feel I should know this.  How about another hint?

So I overthought this one, DGF? Wouldn't be the first time, my friend!  :)

Next: This character appears in six novels by its creator but does not appear in a movie based upon one of those novels.

Not sure about this but I'll take a guess with the Felix Leiter character in the Bond novels and films. He doesn't appear in the film  The Man with the Golden Gun but his character pretty sure is in the novel ????

Sorry for the delay. Real life taking precedence over reel life.

This character is not Felix Leiter as this character is the main character in those nine other movies. But definitely a nice guess, lavender.

Hint: In the first eight of those movies, this character was portrayed by a Hungarian immigrant. In the ninth movie, this character was portrayed by an American with Sicilian and Spanish ancestry. This character is none of those nationalities.

Thanks Liam, good, thoughtful question  :)

Two actors were cousins. One was offered a role but turned it down, the other cousin was offered the role, played the role and won the Oscar for it. Two cousins, the role and film ????

Edmund Gwenn was the cousin of Cecil Kellaway.  Kellaway turned down the role of Kris Kringle in "Miracle On 34th Street".  Gwenn got the part and won a supporting actor Oscar.