Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

In 1932, two actresses (who would be major household names) made a film together (though one of them is in a supporting role here) and shared only one scene together. It would be the only time they worked together in film. What actresses in what film? 

(I rephrased it, because I felt it was too wordy and/or confusing.)

Neither one of them and not Love Me Tonight. The film, while good, is not as big a classic as Grand Hotel, and it is the first of two film adaptations of a novel. One of the actresses has won at least one Oscar but the other never won! What actresses and what film?

Thank you allaboutlana.

I'm going to tell a story.

An actor was directing his first movie.  He asked a director that he had worked with before to make a cameo as a bartender.  The actor made the director do 11 takes and then he told the cameraman to put film in the camera.  

Name the actor turned director, the director who had the cameo, and the movie.

Thank you allaboutlana.

I'm going to tell a story.

An actor was directing his first movie.  He asked a director that he had worked with before to make a cameo as a bartender.  The actor made the director do 11 takes and then he told the cameraman to put film in the camera.  

Name the actor turned director, the director who had the cameo, and the movie.

A song is a big part of this movie.

Not so wild at all, KarmaGirl.  It was indeed Loretta Young.  Your thread.

Thanks star.  I always liked the story about Robert Mitchum putting $20.00 in that jar.

Two actors were filming a scene.  One of the actors had to eat cheesecake, which he hated.  Knowing that the actor hated cheesecake, the other actor kept messing up the scene.  After multiple takes, the actor who had to eat couldn't eat another bite of cheesecake.

Name both the actors and the movie.

• Like 1

Thanks, Karma.

Next:  In the early 1940s, a future film-noir actress was hired as the understudy for a famous stage actress in the original production of a Broadway play.  The star had signed a contract that had forbidden an understudy for her role, so she was enraged when she found out that she had an understudy.  The director of the play deliberately hired the young actress to keep the star under control. 

Name the 2 actresses and the Broadway play.

Tallulah Bankhead and Lizabeth Scott in The Skin of our Teeth?

Well done, Arsan!  That is absolutely correct.  Whenever Tallulah Bankhead would fail to show up for rehearsals or pull some other "diva" trick, the director of the play would tell her that he would put Lizabeth Scott on in her place. 

Your turn, Arsan.