Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

She was also in a remake of a film made over many times. It's a swashbuckler type of film.

Our resident and I mean that, not a canned automated spammer but someone on the bds. spammer is at it again right now. so I'll wait till the nutcase is finished before I post some more. 

• Like 1

The child actor is George Winslow

1. Room For One More - 1952  Cary Grant and Betsy Drake

2. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes 1953 - Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell

3. Monkey Business 1952 - Cary Grant and Ginger Rogers

4. Artists and Models - 1955 -Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis

Is this correct?

Thanks, Princess, I agree with you about My Pal Gus. It's a wonderful film and Richard Widmark who is one of my favorite actors is the focus of my next general trivia post.

Richard Widmark starred as a small-time hustler with huge ambitions in a film which takes place in London. There is a "remake" of this film starring a very famous actor in the role originated by Richard Widmark.

1. Name the 1950 movie

2. Name the director of the 1950 movie

3. Name Richard Widmark's character.

4. Name the actor who recreates the Richard Widmark character in the movie "remake"

Thanks, Princess, I agree with you about My Pal Gus. It's a wonderful film and Richard Widmark who is one of my favorite actors is the focus of my next general trivia post.

Richard Widmark starred as a small-time hustler with huge ambitions in a film which takes place in London. There is a "remake" of this film starring a very famous actor in the role originated by Richard Widmark.

1. Name the 1950 movie

2. Name the director of the 1950 movie

3. Name Richard Widmark's character.

4. Name the actor who recreates the Richard Widmark character in the movie "remake"

1. Night and the City

2. Jules Dassin

3. Harry Fabian

4. Robert DeNiro

Such a good noir

Lavendar, correct on all counts

Night And The City is a terrific film noir and Widmark is marvelous as is Jules Dassin's direction with a terrific cast including Gene Tierney and Googie Withers.

The remake with Robert De Niro in this gal's opinion is just plain lousy. I wish that if they're going to remake a movie they would remake a lousy film and make it into a good one - not the other way around. But that's another post for another time.

Lavendar, The thread is yours.

Would that possibility be The Parent Trap and a family affair?- -

yes, Terrence-- some people say that Brian Keith wasted his time on the sitcom but, I thought it was just awfully good. Sometimes it takes a versatile actor like him or Fred MacMurray to do that kind of a role so masterfully.

Thanx, Terrence, it's all yours - -

Thanks, Princess.  That took a lot of thought on my part to come up with the answer. 

In "Please Don't Eat the Daisies", Doris Day, in two different scenes, reminds of her two of her earlier movies.  How did she do this, and what were the two movies?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK.  It seems that this was not a very good question, or it was too confusing.  In one scene at a table with David Niven, Doris sings a bit of "Que Sera, Sera".. In another scene, she jokingly tells David Niven that she had a love affair with Rock Hudson.

Open thread.