Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

No crushes this time, but I DID enjoy watching  her rumba scene. No, just a great film. One of the best first 10 minutes in all of movies. Inspired.

Try this one. One of my faves of the genre.

2fxTUH2.jpg

Thanks laffite :)

An Oscar winning actor had a son who was a writer. The son wrote a screen play based on the experiences  when he was younger. 2 characters in the film were based on the father and son. Who was the famous father, the son, the film and extra for the 2 characters based on father and son and the actor and  ( actress) that played them in the film ???????

This movie has got to be The Bad News Bears (1976). Written by Bill Lancaster, the son of Burt. I assume that Walter Matthau's character was based upon the father and, therefore, Tatum O'Neal's character was based upon the son.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, LiamCasey said:

This movie has got to be The Bad News Bears (1976). Written by Bill Lancaster, the son of Burt. I assume that Walter Matthau's character was based upon the father and, therefore, Tatum O'Neal's character was based upon the son.

Hi Liam, haven't seen you on the bds. in a long time, glad you're back. Yes of course it's The Bad News Bears. Bill Lancaster wrote the scrrenplay. It was a top money maker in 1976 had 2 sequels and a tv series. Yes, Walter played Burt's part and Tatum O'Neal's role was based on Bill. I'm sure Burt was very proud of his son. Great work, hope you stick around, it's your thread :)

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been a while and we haven't heard from Liam.  It's pretty obvious that my answer was correct, so I'll post the next one.

This past weekend TCM showed "Sun Valley Serenade" which featured The Glenn Miller Orchestra.  Glenn played a bandleader named Phil Corey.   What was the name of his band in the movie?  It was not Phil Corey and his orchestra.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 6:01 PM, MilesArcher said:

It's been a while and we haven't heard from Liam.  It's pretty obvious that my answer was correct, so I'll post the next one.

This past weekend TCM showed "Sun Valley Serenade" which featured The Glenn Miller Orchestra.  Glenn played a bandleader named Phil Corey.   What was the name of his band in the movie?  It was not Phil Corey and his orchestra.  

Miles, can you give us a hint on this one?

On 9/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, MilesArcher said:

The Darmouth Troubadors ?

Thanks Miles :)

This child actor was discovered by a legendary actor when the kid was a guest on a radio show because of his funny personality and his unusual speaking voice. The child actor appeared in 2 films with the legendary actor and an uncredited role in a 3rd film with the legendary actor. Child actor and the legendary actor who heard him on that radio show and the 2 films he had roles in with the legendary actor and extra for the  3 rd film he had an uncredited role in with the actor ????