Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

That would be George Winslow.  He had a unique speaking voice, as well as a deadpan delivery, for a child.  Cary Grant heard him on Art Linkletter's radio show and brought him to the attention of director Norman Taurog.  This led to him appearing in two of Grant's films, Room for One More and Monkey Business.   He also appeared in an uncredited bit in An Affair to Remember.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

That would be George Winslow.  He had a unique speaking voice, as well as a deadpan delivery, for a child.  Cary Grant heard him on Art Linkletter's radio show and brought him to the attention of director Norman Taurog.  This led to him appearing in two of Grant's films, Room for One More and Monkey Business.   He also appeared in an uncredited bit in An Affair to Remember.

Excellent Star, all correct. George Winslow and Cary Grant. Winslow was a terrific child actor. Unfortunately the way it goes with so many child actors, not much came of his career once out of childhood.  TCM shows Room For One More, such an endearing film, and Winslow's role was quite large, he was in Monkey Business and he had an uncredited role in An AffairTo Remember. Didn't get to use a MM clue, maybe another time. Great work, your thread Star :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most people, including TCM host Alicia Malone, think that the famous scene in Now, Voyager where Paul Henreid lights two cigarettes at once and then passes one to Bette Davis originated in this film.  However, that is incorrect.  The same bit of business was done in another film made a decade earlier. 

Name the film.

7 hours ago, starliteyes said:

Most people, including TCM host Alicia Malone, think that the famous scene in Now, Voyager where Paul Henreid lights two cigarettes at once and then passes one to Bette Davis originated in this film.  However, that is incorrect.  The same bit of business was done in another film made a decade earlier. 

Name the film.

The Rich Are Always With Us - George Brent lights 2 cigarettes and passes one to Ruth Chatterton. Bette Davis was also in that film ???

• Like 1

You really know your stuff, lav!  That is correct.  I watched The Rich Are Always with Us not too long ago, and when I saw that scene I thought "Hey, wait a minute!  They did that in Now, Voyager, but that was 10 years later."  Sure enough, IMDb confirmed the fact that George Brent and Ruth Chatterton were the first couple to do that - at least as far as we know.

You may now go to the head of the class!

• Thanks 1
On 9/28/2020 at 1:13 PM, starliteyes said:

You really know your stuff, lav!  That is correct.  I watched The Rich Are Always with Us not too long ago, and when I saw that scene I thought "Hey, wait a minute!  They did that in Now, Voyager, but that was 10 years later."  Sure enough, IMDb confirmed the fact that George Brent and Ruth Chatterton were the first couple to do that - at least as far as we know.

You may now go to the head of the class!

Thanks Star, I feel the same way about you :)

next

These 2 actors were relatives in real life.  One of them took over the role the other had played in this series of films.  2 actors and what was the role ???

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

George Sanders and Tom Conway  as The Falcon.

They were brothers.  

For personal reasons, I'm passing if correct.

Very good Chaya, you are correct. Wishing you a Happy and Heathy New Year and hoping things will be better for you and your family this year.

Chaya is leavimng the Thread Open