Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

laffite

8 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

On the first day of filming , these 2 actresses couldn't stand each other and even though they played best friends in this 1950's film, in real life from that first day on they never spoke to each again.  Film and the 2 actresses ??

Bette Davis and Celeste Holm in All About Eve?

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Miles. Luckily I 've seen some of the films so Virginia came to mind, so not too much research was necessary, just for a few of the films.

Next 

On the first day of filming , these 2 actresses couldn't stand each other and even though they played best friends in this 1950's film, in real life from that first day on they never spoke to each again.  Film and the 2 actesses ??

Repeating the question from the previous page

12 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Bette Davis and Celeste Holm in All About Eve?

Yes, Bette and Celeste who played best friends in All About Eve.

Celeste said she walked on to the set on the first day of shooting " I said good morning, she said oh Sh-t, good manners. I never spoke to her again". When Bette was asked about the film she said "filming All About Eve was a very happy experience, the only bit-h in the cast was Celeste Holm.

Good work Fausterlitz, your thread.

Mr. MAGOO, why the emoticon?

Thanks, Lavender Blue.  Although that story obviously doesn't reflect well on Davis, I've read elsewhere that Holm's own perfectionism and high standards tended to rub some people the wrong way (which, ironically, was true of Davis herself).

Next:

These gifted actresses all share a very specific achievement in common.  Can you figure out what it is?

Isabelle Adjani

Juliette Binoche

Leslie Caron

Marion Cotillard

Anna Magnani

Maria Ouspenskaya

Luise Rainer

Liv Ullmann

(Hint: awards-related)

3 minutes ago, MrMagoo said:

Because I goofed. Why?

Because you put it on my post. LOL, maybe better placed on your post. It comes across as if you were being somewhat nasty when you put that emoticon on someone's post unless you are genuinely confused by the post. 

2 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

Thanks, Lavender Blue.  Although that story obviously doesn't reflect well on Davis, I've read elsewhere that Holm's own perfectionism and high standards tended to rub some people the wrong way (which, ironically, was true of Davis herself).

Next:

These gifted actresses all share a very specific achievement in common.  Can you figure out what it is?

Isabelle Adjani

Juliette Binoche

Leslie Caron

Marion Cotillard

Anna Magnani

Maria Ouspenskaya

Luise Rainer

Liv Ullmann

Reposting Fausterlitz question

37 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Because you put it on my post. LOL, maybe better placed on your post. It comes across as if you were being somewhat nasty when you put that emoticon on someone's post unless you are genuinely confused by the post. 

Relax. Relax. 

18 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

Next:

Isabelle Adjani

Juliette Binoche

Leslie Caron

Marion Cotillard

Anna Magnani

Maria Ouspenskaya

Luise Rainer

Liv Ullmann

Again reposting the question 

18 hours ago, Fausterlitz said:

Next:

Isabelle Adjani

Juliette Binoche

Leslie Caron

Marion Cotillard

Anna Magnani

Maria Ouspenskaya

Luise Rainer

Liv Ullmann

Not sure if this is what you're asking about but I'll give a shot with all of these actresses were nominated twice for Oscars ?

20 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Thanks Fausterlitz

Next 

This Oscar winning actress was a conservative Republican but she became very vocal against the war in Vietnam  and supported a Democrat for president. Actress and the film she won her Oscar for ??

Donna Reed

"From Here To Eternity"

Correct Princess

Donna Reed also opposed nuclear power plants. Donna co-chaired the Anti-war advocacy group Another Mother For Peace

She supported Eugene McCarthy in 1968. Quite a turnaround for someone who originally supported Barry Goldwater in 1964. Good work, your thread Princess

• Thanks 1

This actress was a popular classic TV co-star on a long running hour dramatic show. She supported the star for the entire run of the series. 

But before TV she appeared in classic films co-starring with leading men like-- James Stewart, Broderick Crawford, Larry Parks and Fred MacMurray. 

She stayed active co-starring in made for TV movies through the mid-90s. 

When you identify this actress and her long running co-starring TV series, also name one of your favorite classic films for her.

• Like 1

Thanks  Princess  next:  This  actor  was  in  a television   show  in the  Sixties  and  was  always  in  the  Nielsen  Top  Ten  in  ratings.  In  the  Seventies  ,  he  was in  another  huge  hit  television  series.  His  brother  had  his  own  television  show  . He  was  in  John  Wayne's  final  film.  Later  he  became  an  very  successful  film  director.  Please  name  his  two  television  shows ,  your   favorite  movie  of  his  and  your  favorite  movie  he  directed.. Thanks

I believe you are looking for Ron Howard.

He was in The Andy Griffith Show in the 60's and Laverne and Shirley in the 70's...then followed that by starring in Happy Days.

He was in Wayne's final film THE SHOOTIST (1976). 

His brother, Clint Howard, had his own show for a while, Gentle Ben in the 60's. He also showed up regularly in several of his brother's movies.

My favorite film he acted in would probably be AMERICAN GRAFITTI (1973)

I would say my favorite Ron Howard directed film was APOLLO 13 (1995).

I also liked RUSH (2013) and the documentary he did, PAVAROTTI (2019).

• Like 1

Name the renowned character actor whose career spanned the 1930's to the 90's (over 250 credits) who played in the 1938 Rose Bowl.

Interestingly, his 1st movie credit was in the same year he played in that Rose Bowl.