Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

OK, OK, finance...I'm going with *Possessed* done x2 by Joan Crawford, who could probably have made 10 films titled *Possessed*?in the first one she?s possessed by ambition and as a mistress, in the second, she?s possessed by an obsession?

Thanks...

What beautiful actress recalled: Having just divorced my fourth husband, I almost chose a fifth right in Paris, Jean-Pierre Aumont?he didn?t say ?hello? when I met him for the first time. He said ?I am in love with you.? He would start every telephone conversation...with ?Will you marry me??

Indirectly through Aumont (whom she did not marry) she got back to work in films. An Italian filmmaker made her a staggering offer to do a trilogy?she turned him down at first?

Not Ms. Caron this time?the actress I?m referring to was considered one of the most beautiful of her era?she had a what was considered at the time a notorious beginning to her career and a somewhat petty scandal after her career had ended?

Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956), Knockout (1941), The Harder They Fall (1956), Golden Boy (1939), The Champ (1931), Gentleman Jim (1942), Body and Soul (1947), Requiem for a Heavyweight (1962), Champion (1949), The Prizefighter and the Lady (1933)... I could go on and on :)

This actress changed her name to include the name of a two time Academy Award winner (two consecutive wins) and well known stage actor. Name the actress who changed her name and the actor she hoped to honor in doing so.

Edited by: OdessaSteps88 on Dec 3, 2009 3:17 PM