Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Is this the girl who was discovered on a stool at the fountain of Schwab's Drugstore? It was Lana Turner and although I never saw her in a sweater--they called her "The Sweater Girl". And I never saw her first movie but it was *They Won't Forget*.

This MGM Superstar had a father who was a forgotten vaudevillian. The father played bit parts in Metro movies. Can you name the star and the father? I'll give you a Brownie point for one of the father's bit-part movie roles.

Thanks.

I have read the past few posts on various threads and wanted to share this bit of trivia:

This underappreciated actor of 118 movies from 1930 to 1951, and of whom Bob Hope had nothing but praise for, was also a musician and songwriter and wrote the music for the song ? (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons.?

Thanks.

This young actress endured months of screen tests before securing the role that made her a bona fide star and brought her an Oscar nomination. She didn?t win, but did the following year. Her director was the same for both films.

Later in the decade she made a stunning and underrated American film directed by another great European filmmaker?

Who was the actress ? and who were the directors?

One year, this performer won a best actor or actress Oscar, and the very same year won a Tony for his or her performance on Broadway. This person also had a few other Oscar nominations. Who is it?

Edited by: finance on May 2, 2010 3:48 PM

This actor, given the nickname ?The Beard? for his famous appearance and who valued his facial hair at $8,000.00, was asked by the studio to shave for a role. He replied by asking for a down payment of $2,000.00 and $500 a week for the time it would take to grow back.