Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

OK, Dan, let me see if I can unload this thread:

In the same vein:

There is a high school in NYC that has among its alumni or alumnae two best actress Oscar winners, as well as at least two other notable classic film stars. Name the high school, and at least 4 notable film stars (who appeared in their first film prior to 1970) who are graduates of this high school.

Edited by: finance on May 10, 2010 5:59 PM

I might can take this off your hands. I don?t know what your clue, K-K-Katie, means, but is it Erasmus High School in Brooklyn where Jeff Chandler, Susan Hayward, Barbra Streisand, and Mae West went, though not all in the same graduating year, obviously?

Edited by: allaboutlana on May 12, 2010 11:30 AM

"K-K-Katie" is what Bradford Dillman called Katie Morowsky (Streisand) in THE WAY WE WERE. Eli Wallach was also an alumnus of Erasmus Hall, in addition to an impressive list of celebrities in other fields. It WAS, though, a very big school. Your thread, Lana.

I?ll go ahead with this.

In 1942, some of the critics were disappointed that Ronald Reagan was not nominated for his work in Kings Row. Instead, this actor completed the top five nominees for Best Actor for his work in this forgotten war film, along with Cagney (who won), Cooper, Colman, and Pidgeon.

OK, I've got one.

This actress had a very rewarding film debut. Not only did the film go a long way toward her becoming a star, but in it, she introduced a song which would become a standard, and would continue to be closely identified with her. Actress? Film? Song?

Technicality--"People" was introduced to movies at that time. I was thinking of Doris Day too in *"It's Magic", but I don't believe she's really identified that much with that song.