Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Doris Day was also closely associated with "Que Sera Sera". Now, Dale Evans started out as a radio singer in the midwest. She broke into movies in the early forties. You may have seen her in "Orchestra Wives", which featured the Glenn Miller orchestra. She auditioned for a part in a musical at Paramount, but she didn't get the part because she could not tap dance. The actress who did get the part could tap dance enough to get by, which is a good thing, because she danced with Fred Asraire in the picture. Just think, if Dale had gotten the part, she may never have gone to Republic Studios and met Roy Rogers. What was the movie where she did not get the part and who was the actress who did get it?

Good work, cujas. Yes, it's Marjorie Reynolds, who, ironically, was in a western movie with Roy Rogers called "Robin Hood Of The Pecos" in 1941, the year before "Holiday Inn". By the way, and I've mentioned this before on these boards, Marjorie Reynolds was in a movie in 1940 called "Up In The Air" where her character was named Anne Mason. In "Holiday Inn", she played Linda Mason, and in "Dixie" in 1943 she played Jean Mason. Yes, the movies were completely unrelated. And since you brought up "The Life Of Riley", did you know there were two series with that name? The first one only lasted one season and starred Jacke Gleason and Rosemary DeCamp, with Gloria Winters, later to be on "Sky King", as Babs. The later series featured Lugene Sanders as Babs. Later, on an episode of Richard Diamond, Private Detective, Gloria Winters and Lugene Sanders played roommates. It's your turn, cujas.

Yes, Miles-- I knew that--I must be as old as you.

But I did want to add that I think Ms. Reynolds was in the Paramount Bing Crosby Fan Club along with club president Joan Caufield.

Moving right along this is a story about a father and his son-in-law. The father was simply one of the Moguls of Hollywood. The son-in-law also rises, but on the little screen.

Please name the men, the studio and at least one of the TV programs that the son-in-law was responsible for.

Thanks, cujas.

Several LA restaurants have been movie industry "hangouts" over the years, including Musso & Frank's, the Brown Derby, Ciro's, and Chasen's. In the '40s and '50s, maybe the most popular of film industry restaurants in those years was owned by a man who falsely claimed that he was a descendant of Russian royalty. Name of restaurant? his name?

Edited by: finance on May 16, 2010 3:38 PM

Thanks finance-

For lack of time I'm posting a gossipy one.

What well known and loved actor and actress had an affair while they were married to others? The actress broke the affair up because of their marital situations and the actor said in interviews that the break- up caused much of his depression for the remainder of his life. Name the 2 involved. The affair happened while they were starring in a film together- for extra credit (optional)name the film.

I have been thinking about this, also, but have been unable to come up with good, educated guess. At one point, I thought of Holden and Hepburn in Sabrina, but with the clue of playing husband and wife in the movie in question, it doesn?t fit. Then I thought of Robert Walker because of the clue that the actor didn?t live to old age, but couldn?t complete that scenario. So?..