Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

This may be too trivial even for a Trivia thread, but here goes.

THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES aired recently on TCM, so it should be fresh in your minds.

When Al Stephenson arrived home, he, his wife, and daughter went out on the town his first night home, doing some club-hopping. Give the names of at least 3 of the nightclubs they went to before they ended up at Butch's (Hoagy Carmichael's).

Meaning no disrespect, finance... but when you first posed this question, you preceded it by saying:

"This may be too trivial even for a Trivia thread, but here goes."

After three days of no replies, I surmise you were right in the first place. You want the names of eateries that were viewable on the screen for less than a couple of seconds? That's kind of insubstantial, I think. Not the sort of thing a person would remember from watching the movie.

Of course, this is only my opinion. Peace.

Cheers,

Dan

I guess I noticed, but nobody else did. The names of the 3 nightclubs in BEST YEARS were: Midnite Gardens, Louie & Ernie's, and the Pelican Club. Now you can impress all your friends at parties.

Here's another.

There was a connection between W.C. Fields and Marilyn Monroe. Link them through one intermediate person, other than through film appearances.

Edited by: finance on Jun 4, 2010 10:55 AM

That was like a handout, but I wanted to finish that question and continue the thread...

According to his biography, Robert Wagner, when he was a rising star in Hollywood, had a four year affair with this popular actress who was much older...

Who was she ?

Thanks. I had heard they met on the set of ?Titanic? and started a love affair instantly.

Next:

Fred Astaire?s dance partner in two films, this actress acted in 8 movies in four years, which includes one major musical that?s a holiday favorite, and then promptly left Hollywood. Who is she?