Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Thanks.

Many actors in the industry were hard working and dedicated without much recognition, fanfare, star status or fame. This married couple are two such examples. He was known as a dependable supporting actor who gave solid performances that added integrity to the films, and who was usually found in western settings, and who acted from 1947 to 1989. One of his more prominent films is about an item that goes from owner to owner. She was known for getting into character and in bringing into life her portrayals of women with a strong will, and who acted from 1948 to 1998. Her first film was directed by Orson Welles and her last directed by Robert Redford. Name this dedicated couple who gave their all for the craft of acting and one film for each.

Edited by: allaboutlana on Jan 6, 2011 3:18 PM

YAY! I was just thinking about you and here you are!!!! So happy you are here and picked my question to answer, my friend.

Yes Bing Crosby. Maybe it wasn't just tobacco in that pipe! Welcome back, and please stick around, we need you here.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 8, 2011 5:15 PM

Hi Lavender, old friend!!! Good to see you?re holding down the fort?here?s one:

Brando felt this co-star took scene stealing to ?Olympian heights??Brando eventually decided to join in the fun and played various tricks on this star during the filming of this first film (of a couple) the two made together?Who is the co-star? What was the film?

Susan Hayward, Patrica Neal, Jeanne Moreau, Grayson Hall- the list goes on and on (imdb info)

Yes of course you're right about Patty Duke- considered for the role of Elaine

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 10, 2011 10:29 AM

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 10, 2011 10:46 AM

He offered, as I'm sure you know, the role to Doris Day. there were countless actress' that were considered. Shirley MacLaine was another.

Next

This actress starred in a 60's film about a couple having serious marital problems At the same time, in real life, she was facing the same problem. Her husband was also an actor. Name the film and the couple involved.

Yes. I was watching a BBC produced special on Audrey Hepburn on a pbs affiliate the other night, and they made a point of mentioning that during the filming of *Two For The Road* Audrey and Mel Ferrer were also getting divorced. Life imitiating art. Good job eve, your thread.

As a youngster, this behind the camera two-time Oscar winner (many more nominations) was continually ridiculed because of his heritage. He would often take candy from his father's store to bribe the neighborhood children into playing with him.