Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

Oh, goodie! I'll try this one:

In John Carpenter's Christine (1983), the nerdy teenager who gets his soul taken over by the

evil automobile is named Arnie. Can you give the significance of this choice for a character

name?

(I don't have the patience to dribble out additional clues across several days. If this question has'nt cleared by July 5th, I'll wipe it out and move along.

Uhhh, that's close enough. The Drive-In reference isn't needed. The full name "Arnold Richard

Cunningham" goes down as "Richie" on TV as played by Ron Opie Howard, and as "Arnie" in the

sadder context in film, played by Keith Gordon. King makes mention of this in his nonfiction book

Danse Macabre. The name has two comfortable little nooks in our culture.

Now you've got to spend part of your holiday dredging up a new question. It's yours.

You got it, smarty-britches! :)

Your turn...be nice now.

(BTW dan, can you give the answer to "It's Trivia Time Again"? It still haunts me.)

Oooh... "smarty-britches," huh? Now I may have to change my screen name.

Okay, then: Here is a poser for the General Trivia Question Thread:

There are two performers, an actor and an actress. They both began their screen careers THE SAME YEAR. They both worked steadily for twelve (12) years. Then, at that point, each of them did their FIRST love scene -- and it was with EACH OTHER.

Name the actor and actress.

Extra hints: The actor is very well-known. The actress is not as famous as he is, but she worked steadily and should be known by everyone who posts to this message board.

As I write this, both performers are still living.

Name them!

Sixes: I realize you've seen this question before. Please recall that I added another hint, that both performers have shared the screen with actress Brigitte Nielsen. The 6-foot-tall Ms. Nielsen has made only 23 films, so I figured it would be a simple search to go through her cast lists and find the elusive pair we are looking for.

But, since that didn't wake any Rip Van Winkles, how about this:

The actor we are searching for began his screen career in a theatrical film. The actress began her career on television. Remember, it was THE SAME YEAR for both.

WHO are they?

Cheers,

Dan

Alright try this one out.

In 1935 this mostly forgotten actor was killed in an auto accident along with several other people. The only survivor was a much more famous actor. The two appeared in two films together. Name the actors.

In 1935 this mostly forgotten actor was killed in an auto accident along with several other people. The only survivor was a much more famous actor. The two appeared in two films together. Name the actors.

I think this would be John Coogan Sr., father of the much more famous Jackie Coogan.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks, mo...

I'm thinking of an Oscar-winning actor with a 60-year career in films, who is represented on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In one of his early films, he portrayed a real-life genius. This actor's brother later portrayed the same genius in another film.

Take your choice: Name either the Oscar-winning actor; the genius he portrayed in film; or the name of the actor's brother.

Cheers,

Dan

Lionel & John Barrymore?

No, but I wonder how you came up with those names. I asked about an actor with a 60-year film career. Neither Lionel nor John had a career that lasted that long, though they were around for quite a while.

There are not many actors who have a career that lasts 60 years. Just off the top of my head, I can think of only one (besides the person in question), and that would be Mickey Rooney.

The person in question had a career that spanned 60 years; he was an Academy Award winner; and he is represented on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.

In one of his early films, he portrayed a real-life genius. Later, his brother portrayed the same genius, in a different film.

You've got three shots:

Name the actor; his brother; or the genius they both portrayed.

Good luck! and

Cheers,

Dan