Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MGM: When the Lion Roars

Film_Fatale

• 2 weeks later...

I'll vote for this one too. MGM When The Lion Roars hosted by Patrick Stewart is a movie fans dream.

It should have been released LONG AGO on DVD. I recall a 1999 Home Theater Forum discussion with Warner executives who then mentioned that the title was good to go for an upcoming release. But then nothing happened.

Here's to hoping.

Another documentary I'd like to recommend to everyone reading this is "Cleopatra: The Film that Changed Hollywood" - a great piece documenting not only that film's flawed journey to the screen but also providing a great time capsule on film making in the 60s. Great stuff!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

> {quote:title=Bablefish wrote:}{quote}

> I saw it originally on TBS I think and bought the VHS tape when it came out. It's a GREAT Documentary, it's still very sad to see a great studio fall like it did.

It was indeed the saddest event in the history of Hollywood, marking as it did the end of its Golden Age.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

> {quote:title=NZ wrote:}{quote}

> It should have been released LONG AGO on DVD. I recall a 1999 Home Theater Forum discussion with Warner executives who then mentioned that the title was good to go for an upcoming release. But then nothing happened.

I like the fact that in addition to the stand-alone release, the whole 6 hours of the documentary is included as a "bonus feature" in the Ultimate Collector's Edition of The Wizard of Oz on blu-ray. (But the doc itself is not in a blu-ray)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings