Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Little known movies you love and would recommend

theoldbag

I finally got to see that! It was GREAT! Here's an odd pic of Lionel in costume for The Devil Doll (with Clark Gable in San Francisco, Robert Montgomery in Trouble for Two, and Paul Muni in The Good Earth). This pic is going around, but I think I got it from Mongo's Candids thread.

candidgableetcmgmedit.jpg

Trouble for Two is another great little known film I would recommend.

I agree with you that Strange Loves of Martha Ivers is a much better known film than the The Locket, now. I "discovered" both of these films at the same time through the film departments of a local museum and university. This was more than fifteen years ago and certainly before TCM became the primary source for classic films. I also made the link between the two films simply because both share the idea of ?secrets from the past? that threaten the female leads.

I would also recommend Le Roi De Coeur or King Of Hearts (1967) starring Alan Bates and Genevieve Bujold. Bates portrays a soldier during World War I who is sent to a small French village on a reconnaissance mission. Through a series of comic misadventures, he becomes an inmate of the local insane asylum and crowned ?the king of hearts,? which he comes to prefer to the insanity of the war taking place just over the hill.

• 7 months later...

Mr Peabody And The Mermaid

The Mouse That Roared

The Ritz

Ah Wilderness!

Wrong Arm Of The Law

Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse

Cinemania

Who's Minding The Mint

Hello, Down There

The Party

Cold Turkey