Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

One of my favorite musicals "The Blues Brothers"

Skeedaddy

My wife says it is not but it has all of the characteristics that I see in a musical. Music, singing, dancing, comedy, a wiff of drama (We're on a mission from God) and a happy ending. The brothers are together with the band doing what they do best. Playing music.

I really enjoy this movie. It's full of laughs and is so clever. Every time I watch it, I notice something new. There are small details that really add to the humor. ("Well folks it's time to call it a night. Do what you feel and keep both feet on the wheel. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here. So till next time.. ")What I found surprising was that Belushi actually had a decent voice. It was very well suited for the type of music that is in this movie. As for if it's a musical, I'm not sure. I have this debate with myself all the time, but the answer never matters because I like watching it either way.

• 1 month later...

I enjoy "The Blues Brothers." I like the deadpan humor of Akroid and Belucci especially the scene with 'the penguin.' When I was growing up in the 1960's my parents used to take us to drive-in theaters alot. Sitting between my mom and dad in the '56 Chevy Belair, and later, the '66 Belair. I remember South Pacific, The Music Man, Oklahoma, and West Side Story. The witch in Snow White scared me so much I got nervous everytime we drove passed that drive-in.

Although I love this R & B packed musical, I cannot put it in there with the old classics, as a classic. I would like to see more of it's true staying power in the future.

By the way my daughter just finished playing the her middle school's version of "Oklahoma" and the whole cast, all 100 plus of them did a great job, not to mention the teachers, parents and other adults who put it all together.

William

• 2 weeks later...

Archived