Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is a great film!!! It's said that when it was released, during the dark days of WWII, that the comedy didn't go over real well, but it has aged very well and I really groove on it! Great cast, I agree, and the scene where Bogie and William "Uncle Charlie" Demarest, pose as Nazi spies and have to get up and explain something for the planned terrorism later that night never fails to crack me up!!!

The "double talk" scenes in this movie are hysterical. I love the auction scene where Bogart offers "two gees" for an item and Conrad Veidt replies "two gees .. uh, two thousand." The supporting cast is wonderful. Let's also mention Dame Judith Anderson, Ludwig Stossel, Ed Brophy, Wally Ford, Phil Silvers, and Barton MacLane ... love it when MacLane grabs a Nazi and says "Alright, sing!" and the Nazi says "what," and MacLane says "God Bless America!" Total entertainment all the way from beginning to end.

OMG, I love that line too, in the auction scene, I had forgotten that!!! I loved this movie, so much!!! I agree, beginning to end, it just sucks you in, with a fantastic cast and witty script, and just keeps on rolling along all the way to the wild finish!