What A Foursome This Would Have Been!

ILoveRayMilland

Now Picture a lighthearted 60's Romantic Comedy starring these four people:

Doris Day

Rock Hudson

Sandra Dee

Bobby Darin

Wouldn't that have been amazing!

The story might have Sandra and Doris as sisters. Then Rock and Bobby would have wandered into the story somehow. :) The pairing of these 60's comedy masters would have great! Too bad for us it never happened! It came close to happening in "Come September", but it was still missing Doris (although I think Gina Lollabrigida was great in that film!!!!). Ah, well what is the use of lamenting what might have been. :)

Dear Sandra doesn't get enough credit for being wonderful. In Until They Sail a very young Sandra mastered an English accent and more than held her own, considering hers was a relatively small part, with Piper, Joan, and Jean.

Who was it that said "Dying is easy, comedy is hard," Edmond Gwenn? Anyway, Rock and Doris made it look easy. And the late, great Bobby D., why didn't he do more movies I wonder.

Sarah...don't die over THAT foursome. (Don't think Darin & Dee were strong enough). You want a foursome to die over: See "Libeled Lady" with William Powell...Myrna Loy...Spencer Tracy and HARLOW. Now that's a foursome.

P.S. With Day & Hudson...I think I'd put Paula Prentiss in there. She was a gorgeous statuesque brunette and had wonderful comedic timing. I need time to think of a fourth.

What do you mean Dee and Darin weren't strong enough? They were both amazing!! In fact, Bobby was nominated for an Oscar (1962). "Libeled Lady" is a good THREESOME. I could do without Spencer. William Powell is the only good part of the movie!

Not to contradict you, but I would have loved Doris, Rock, Dee, and Darin!!!

D'ya WANT your movie to make money?? Dee had a good comic timing and such a sweet disposition. I'm just not sold on Bobby Darin. As for him playing Rock's brother...the looks, man...the looks!!! I couldn't say anything mean in the other thread dedicated to Darin but I can be honest here. He didn't have the looks.

Excuuuse me? I love Bobby Darin! He was Hilarious! And I think he was adorable. That is a word to describe him. When he smiles he make other people smile! SO Darin is still in!

You better shape up or I am going to knock you off of my production team! You have been nothing, but trouble this whole time! (LOL!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings