Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Time for Claude Rains to not be *invisible*

TripleHHH

Call it an appreciation thread. I had only seen a couple of Claude Rains movies

the Invisible Man where you dont see him , and the Wolf Man & and the Lost Word (thats him as a red head past his prime, unreal)

as my movie watching travels move forward I have seen him in several movies

Now Voyager, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, Notorious

Lets hear it for Claude Rains

Anyone have some favorites with him ?

And yes he was in Casablanca too, anyone know about that one ? LOL

Message was edited by: TripleHHH

Hey Vallo, hows it going

I missed those because I havent seen those

Save for Robin Hood, and again having only seen it once so far, I didnt know he was in it, it hadnt absorbed, but now it will

Mr Skiffington I will Netflix this weekend as I am almost done with checking out Bette Davis movies, some of which I liked and some I wasnt into

As for Claude Rains, there is another movie the Clairvoyant that I think hes in, its supposed to be good, but I dont think its on DVD or VHS, if it is VHS its out of print Id guess..

Triple HHH, Raines was one of the best, now a days, people have no idea who he was.(sad)

By the way the The Evil Mind ("The Clairvoyant") is on DVD

try here:http://www.amazon.com/The-Evil-Mind-Clairvoyant/dp/B000W9SEX4/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1206616530&sr=8-1

Raines plays Prince John in "The Adventures of Robin Hood"

Another good Raines role was in 1940's "The Sea Hawk" again with Errol Flynn.

Bill (vallo)

Rains was such an old timer he appeared in plays by George Bernard Shaw. Not revivals. The original! His theatrical sensibilities translated well to film. Especially since the style at the time was more melodramatic. But I think he'd do well today too. He played a credible villain, a likeable father figure, a corrupt authority.

I saw THE CLAIRVOYANT on TCM. Not too exciting. But Mr. Rains was good as always.

I saw THE MAN WHO RECLAIMED HIS HEAD on TV many years ago. It's a leftist political film about capitalists who conspired to start WW I, and it's a very interesting film. It follows the full CP party line about the forces behind WW I.

Ava, we are on the same "NOTORIOUS" wavelength cause I absolutely adore that film.

Ingrid & Cary are smokin' H-O-T!

Memorable performances by all (Claude Rains & Leopoldine Konstantin made one creepy mother & son duo).

And that ending:)! What more can I say. Talk about erotic/hypnotic/exotic!!!!!!!!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings