Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ann Sothern vs Judy Holiday

kas_to

one thing about TCM that I am enjoying I get to see Ann Sothern movies

how come her name never comes up I always hear about Judy Holiday and Ann was amazing funny drop dead gorgeous

I would love to get her tv series "Private Secretary" on dvd

I am sorry, but they both kind of annoy me! If I were to pick though, It would be Ann.

Also has anyone ever caught her on "I Love Lucy"? Absolutely hilarious! She plays Lucy's friend and they're on a cruise trying to find husbands (it was when Lucy meets Ricky). I must admit she was good in that!

Judy Holiday played the same character in everything she did. The squeeky-voiced New Yawker...and it became tiresome.

Ann Sothern was a classic beauty, and excellent actress and proved it by playing a huge variety of roles to perfection. She could dance, sing, amuse, arrouse ,ensnare...and even kill. She rose to every role she took on, and played it with expert ease.

Comparing the two is like comparing the eight-track to the radio.

This is comparing apples and oranges. Anne is probably not more highly regarded now because most of her movies were b's...in fact, she is one of the all-time Queen of the B's. Probably her best role was as Kirk Douglas' wife in A Letter To Three Wives. A great performance.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings