Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bold Venture-The Bogie and Bacall Radio Show

kimpunkrock

Bogie and Bacall did a radio show together in the late 40's. The show was called Bold Venture. It is the story of Slate Shannon (Bogart), Sailor (Bacall), their boat the Bold Venture and their life in Cuba.

In a way it could be the characters of *To Have and Have Not* living in Cuba and having adventures. Prior to my traumatizing I Pod heartbreak, I would listen to these shows all the time while traveling, working and running errands. All 30 of them can be downloaded at this link:

http://www.archive.org/details/otr_boldventure

I guess there are more episodes than what is posted but the other ones are deemed lost. There are a bunch of other podcasts that play these shows but even they only have those 30 or so episodes. I have also seen some Bold Venture records that came out in the 70's on Ebay.

You can also listen to all of the episodes at the link above.

Enjoy!

-

kpr

> {quote:title=AvaG92260 wrote:}{quote}

> Hey Kim,

>

> i didnt even know they did radio shows very cool..thanks for the links...i loved the movie To Have and Have Not...and i loved them together...how long did these shows go on for and did it do well?

>

> thanks

> AvaG!

Unfortunately I do not know that much about it. Even on the page at archive.org there is no info. You might try google to find a link that would answer your question. All I know is that these shows are very, very enjoyable. Especially if you are a big Bogart fan like me.

I imagine that the show was very popular.

Also at archive.org in the moving images/movies/feature films section, you can download, embed and watch any public domain movie that is uploaded to the site. There are thousands. You can also put them on your I Pod Video and watch them. Archive.Org is the best site on the web.

-

kim

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings