Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Octaman!

joefilmone

That hysterical clip of the calamari wrestler made me think of this low budget sci-fi monster directed by Harry Essex. Pier Angeli ( in sadly her last film), Kerwin Mathews and Jeff Morrow battle a walking octopus man- one of the early creations of Oscar winning make-up master Rick Baker.

I just has to check if "Octaman" would be a correct spelling, instead of "Octoman," since I've seen "octo" used as a prefix for "eight," but not "octa." However, according to Webster, "octa" is synonymous with "octo," so I can't accuse the producers of getting the title wrong. But they did get the entire movie wrong.

How about a movie with Stuart Whitman, about plane crash survivors in the desert, called Sands of the Calamari?

You are a researcher after my own heart! I'll bet the cigar-chomping producers didn't have a clue that "octa" equalled "octo" for eight; they no doubt thought their title would give them the leeway to be more "creative" with the creature. Or that "octa" sorta sounded like "aqua".

SANDS OF THE CALAMARI, LOL. I didn't know my sweetie was in this! And with Theodore Bikel, yet. (maybe he plays a Mel Welles kind of doctor)

Thanks for the clip! I've never seen this before and it's certainly laughable. What was he doing out of the water in the first place? His legs have an attached tentacle each so I guess it makes up the four on the bottom. The mouth was also a bit off but at least it was shaped like the beak in the center of the mantle.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings